Monthly Archive February 2013
On my way to the grocery store today I passed Hôtel de Ville where Balmain was having their show for Pars fashion week. It was crowded to say the least, haha. I felt as though I was in a tumble dryer (as you probably can tell from the photos above), being pushed around by heaps of people. This fashion week thing has really gotten crazy.
And people talk about that a lot. The craziness that is. Fashion week being super crowded and crazy has become a very hot topic of discussion that every single person now seem to have their own opinion about. Many people are so chocked and stunned by the huge crowds showing up outside the shows to catch a glimpse of the lucky few who get to go inside. Weird? To many, yes. To me, not really.
Don’t you think the crowds would be just as big or perhaps even bigger if let’s say Beyonce or Messi (to put this in music and soccer terms haha) made a scheduled appearance somewhere in Paris? Exactly. So why do we get so surprised when it comes to fashion? A countless number of people out there have Grace Coddington, Anna Wintor, Garance Doré and Emmanuelle Alt (etc. etc.) as their biggest idols and inspirations. So if you had a chance to see them in real life wouldn’t you try to?
Yesterday I had the pleasure to meet the lovely Vanja and Jelena from ELLE Serbia, currently in Paris for fashion week. We had a lovely morning together at Angelina and they were kind enough to bring me the latest issue of the magazine where Paris in Four Months and I got a little mention, so exciting! That you for a lovely time girls.
As I told you it started to snow a little bit during the weekend… And even though it didn’t stick to the ground, except for in the parks, I wasn’t very happy about it. I thought that spring was on its way! Darn it. Oh well, fortunately it went away as quickly as it came.
I always get a lot of questions from readers wondering about how to dress for their upcoming trips to Paris and I almost always have to give them the same answer; “it can vary“. And these past days are proof of that. Last weekend I would recommend bringing a coat, perhaps a little scarf and ankle boots or something similar. Seven days later I would say “bring it all!“. Winter coat, gloves, scarf, hat — you name it.
That’s why it’s so hard to give advice on this subject. The weather in Paris can be so unpredictable! I would recommend checking the weather sites a couple of days before leaving (and even then you can’t be absolutely sure they’re right). Here, here and here are a couple of sites where you can follow the Parisian weather.
If you want to see another side of Paris than what I usually show you guys here on the blog I suggest checking out my new post for the HiP Paris Blog about street art in Paris. I recently got the chance to come along on a street art tour with Underground Paris and I had a great experience, despite the freezing cold weather. You can find the post right here!
Paris fashion week has officially begun!
I thought that spring was on its way so when it started snowing again this Friday I was… Well, let’s just say that I wasn’t very pleased about it. To lift my spirits I decided that it was time for spring to arrive in my apartment! Thanks to my local fleuriste downstairs my apartment got a little bit brighter.
Here’s a couple of my Instagram photos from last week. The week started off super sunny and you could even lounge by the Seine with your jacket open and stroll around the city without a scarf. Unfortunately that weather didn’t last and during the weekend it started to snow. Where did my spring go? For more updates and photos follow me on Instagram under the name “ParisInFourMonths“.
Last weekend I spent Sunday morning together with Edna at Jacques Genin. We shared a stunning vanilla mille-feuille, delicious caramels and hot chocolate. I’ve been wanting to come here for so long and I’m so happy I finally did, everything was absolutely delicious and I had a lovely time together with Edna. Although our wonderful Sunday didn’t end there! There’s more to come…
And tonight it’s time for the Oscars, yay! Can’t wait to see what everybody will wear and who will win. Exciting!
Since the last post seemed to be quite popular I thought that we could do it again! So here are some of my favourite reads (or links) this weekend:
• I love giveaways and this week there’s two amazing ones that I think you should take a look at. Carla is giving away a photo shoot in Paris (!) and Cleopatra’s Bling is giving away a gorgeous bracelet cuff. Good luck to you all!
• Who doesn’t love a little bit of Chanel and Paris together?
• One of my favourite photography blogs out there is called Lingered Upon and she recently made a super cute little calendar for 2013 with her gorgeous Instagram photos. I could seriously spend hours on this blog. Hopefully I can get half as good as she is with the camera someday.
• The moment when I saw these chocolate cookies with dulce de leche I thought I had died and gone to heaven. This must be the most delicious looking thing ever. Call Me Cupcake does it again!
• I want, I want, I want were the only words in my head when I saw these shoes that Garance Doré managed to capture in a photo.
• My own Parisian photos recently got featured in the latest issue of House of Fifty, yay!
• Next week it’s Paris fashion week! I’m really looking forward to it. Just because of the exciting energy and all the pretty things you can look at! If you want to get closer to fashion week, I suggest signing up for this.
• Loved this interview with my idol Garance Doré about the business of blogging.