Monthly Archive February 2013
The other day, while walking by Place des Vosges I couldn’t help but to stop for a little sugary treat at Carette. The raspberry tart is one of my absolute favourite pastries in Paris and I always seem to come back to it! But it’s actually quite fun to try the same kind of pastry from different places because everyone makes it in their own way. This one from Carette was really lovely with a hint of lavender.
I’m in love with the display windows at Louis Vuitton. Aren’t they just amazing?
What do I carry in my bag when I stroll the Parisian streets? Well, what you see above is usually the things I pack before leaving the house. My favourite wallet, calendar (I don’t like having my calendar in my phone…), lipgloss (you never know who you’ll run into), cell phone, mini brush (I hate my hair tangled!), tissues, a pocket mirror with my name engraved (which was a sweet little present from one of my closest friends back home that I always like to carry with me as a little memory), bobby pins and lactose tablets. And of course my camera.
(Update: Since I’ve gotten a lot of questions regarding the bag itself I’ll just tell you here. It’s the model “Garden Party” by Hermès)
It’s been an amazing weekend here in Paris! Warmer temperatures (well, at least if you stand really still in the sun) and a lot of blue skies and sunshine. It almost feels like spring is on its way! And if we’re lucky, that might be true. Here’s a couple of signs of spring:
When you look up and only see blue, beautiful skies!
When people start to line up at the ice cream stands.
When people stroll, job and rollerblade along the Seine during Sundays in the sun.
When the first flowers are starting to bloom. This was the same bush just a couple of days ago!
When street musicians are playing in the streets and people actually stop and listen for a while.
When people start gathering along the border of the Seine.
And my favourite sign of them all; when I finally make my way down to the Seine and can sit there for hours, just to enjoying the sun. My favourite place during spring and summer!
If you want a bit of weekend reading (or perhaps I should call it “surfing”) this Saturday, here are my suggestions:
• The blog M.A.S Fashion did a little interview with me a while ago and now it’s finally published, you can find it here. Thank you so much Mary!
• Even though I’m as far away as you could possibly be from getting married I really enjoyed this super cute “multi interview” with a bunch of different expats by Expat Edna about weddings abroad.
• New York fashion week is over but I can’t get some of the shows out of my mind. Ann Street Studio captured the Marchesa show so beautifully and through Oscar PR Girl you can enjoy the Oscar de la Renta show over and over again.
• I love these photos of beautiful Meg with her special someone by Jean-Laurent Gaudy. Photos of couples usually look so staged but these really managed to capture true feelings!
• I loved the latest post on the HiP Paris blog ”I Know I’m in Paris When…” by Claire Oldman.
• When you live in Paris many people seem to think that it’s all pink clouds but sometimes it can be a pain in the *ss as well. I loved the recent post Grace wrote about the sacrifices she had to make to be able to come here and that it isn’t a perfect dream every single day.
I must say that even though Valentine’s Day may be considered as a commercial trick I really enjoy this day. It’s nice to see a little bit of extra love around the city! Beautiful flowers, cheesy boutique décors, pretty heart-shaped pastries and little bit of red and pink everywhere. I use this day to think about my loved ones, but I also see it as an excuse to indulge in my favourite pleasures and spoil myself a little bit more than usual. Why not? And who doesn’t need that every now and then?
I meet up with adorable Grace for a Valentine’s date at my favourite restaurant Les Cocottes. It was one of the best meals I’ve had in a long time. If I could I would literally live in this place. Oh yes, that would be my dream! The shredded lettuce hearts with crab and the langoustine ravioli were my choices for the day, together with my favourite white wine. Now I’m getting too hungry just thinking about it. Dammit, I have to go back now…
But of course we couldn’t stop there. Hello?! Dessert was missing of course! Hot chocolate and tons of ice cream at Berthillon was the perfect ending to our day together.
We had such an amazing day; great food, yummy desserts and so much laughter. I couldn’t have asked for a better Valentine’s date! Even though this was my first Valentine’s alone in a long long time I really enjoyed myself, with a bunch of my favourite things. And really, could you ask for a better Valentine’s date than Paris?
Dressed in all red. Just in time for Valentine’s Day!
Happy Valentine’s Day, I hope you all have a wonderful day today!