Beige bag: Carolina Herrera – White heels: Mode Collective – Gold rings: Monica Vinader & Lulu Frost – Earrings: Lulu Frost & Swarovski & Dannijo – Scented candle: Ladurée – Cup: Anthropologie – Lipgloss: Dior – Perfume: Chanel & Marc Jacobs – Notebooks: Rifle Paper Co. & Kikki.K – Glasses: Tom Ford – Necklaces: Monica Vinader Riva & Monica Vinader Pendant & Tiffany & Co. – Scented candle: Byredo
A few bits and pieces from my little Parisian apartment, which I still haven’t managed to decorate (I’m still missing chairs and one million other things) even though I’m celebrating my one year anniversary on this address in just a few days. My favourite thing about this place and the reason why I signed the rental contract as soon as I possibly could? The light.
A dear friend of mine told me that apparently it’s my year this year. At least if we’re talking about Chinese zodiac that is. I’ve never been very into this sort of thing but after proving her point over and over again I’m starting to suspect that there might be more truth in this than I previously thought. Another lovely friend told us both, after hearing our conversation, that you’re allegedly supposed to be wearing something red during this time to protect you from various things (don’t even ask because I have no idea…). As you probably can tell I bought into this (literally) and in my handbag you’ll now find a few new, red, accessories. Let’s hope that this works!
My favourite sight is seeing the light come streaming in through my windows and lighting up the whole apartment. I love working from home with my windows open and looking out over the street below. Although it can be hard to keep my bum on the seat instead of wandering off to admire the pretty view or calling friends to meet up for a glass of wine on one of the terraces in the neighbourhood instead…
• All the red carpet looks from the Met Gala earlier this week by Style.com.
• Thank you to Flaunt Magazine for mentioning my work.
• “What if the Disney princesses wore Marchesa?” by Vogue.com.
• Find me on Facebook for more updates and photos from Paris.
After a week of constant running around and last minute assignments during Haute Couture week I spent this week catching up on work and starting to think about what I’d like to do this spring. New York, Rome and London are all cities on the top of my “places-to-vitis-this-spring-list” and now it’s just a matter of figuring out when to go… There are so many exciting things I’m looking forward to this year: a bunch of fun work, two weddings this summer, launching my photography portfolio and hopefully a new website, another spring in Paris and sharing it all with my loved ones.
• 73 Questions with Olivia Munn by Vogue.com.
• Barneys New York featured my Instagram account on their blog “The Window”.
• Best beauty moments during Haute Couture Week in Paris (that I was a part of, shooting for Vogue.com).
• 28 Reasons you should never visit Paris.
I’ve probably never taken these bracelets off since I first wore them while shooting a story for Monica Vinader this summer (and anyone who knows me would most
likely definitely agree). They’re with me almost every day and have become my go-to jewellery pieces that I almost feel naked leaving the house without. I have slight a feeling that this necklace will end up with the same fate (as well as these marble plates and cups that I found at H&M Home)… It’s safe to say that I’m currently going through a marble/gold obsession phase that I’m not intending on ending anytime soon, and the fact that I managed to find jewellery pieces that has both is just… Well, maybe it’s the universe’s way to tell me that I shouldn’t. The plates are most likely meant for serving bread, cheese and little nibbles but in my apartment they’ll be used as display plates (is that even a word?) for my favourite trinkets and jewellery pieces.
I’m also thinking about doing all my gift shopping for Christmas in the form of jewellery this season (sorry about that dad) since you can engrave a little something if you’d like and since I can’t stand the crowds at Printemps before the holidays. I engraved the top one in these photos with “Paris” (in case I would ever forget where I live) and another one with my family member’s names. Cheesy? Yes, very but ever since I moved further away from them I think I’m allowed a bit of cheesiness every now and then.
I’ve actually spent this week visiting family and friends Stockholm and left both camera and work back home in Paris to get a little break from it all. I had forgotten how cold it was over here and how early the sun goes down but it’s been so much fun seeing all my loved ones again. Now I’m back in Paris again and ready for a new, very busy week of exciting projects and work.
• My two latest articles for Condé Nast Traveler are both live at the moment. The first one about the cutest covered passages in Paris and the second one about where to get a healthier meal while in Paris!
• I’ve only been to the cinema twice in Paris but I’m dying to go and see both Interstellar and The Imitation Game! It seems like a good idea now that the days are getting colder and darker…
• For anyone who speaks Swedish (or wants to practice their Swedish) Femina, one of the biggest fashion magazines in Sweden, recently interviewed me about Paris in Four Months, Parisian style and my favourite places in the city, which you can find right here.
• The cutest little family portrait session I’ve ever seen goes to my darling Grace and her little family, shot by the brilliant Katie.
Besides staying home sick for most of the week, dealing with some major email issues and going to my first ever wedding ever yesterday I also managed to attend the presentation for J.Crew a couple of days ago. Yes, they’re finally coming to Paris and will open up their first store ever in The City of Light in March next year! I’ll have to find some sort of lock to put on my wallet until then I guess…
• My two latest articles for Condé Nast Traveler are finally live, one about the best day trips to take outside of Paris and the other about where to find the best view of the Eiffel Tower in the city. I hope you’ll enjoy!
• During busier times it’s hard to keep up with the blog sometimes but if you want to see more you can always check out Instagram.
• According to Vogue‘s list of places in France every woman must visit I really need to up my travel game in this country…
• I’m pretty sure my autumn/winter wardrobe is in need of a massive update and I’ve been spending way too much time “online window shopping” now that I’ve been stranded at home for the last few days. This adorable Sézane shirt is still on my mind as well as this super cosy Gerard Darel scarf (two excellent French brands by the way).
My weekend reading arrived in the mail the other day thanks to Louis Vuitton but here’s a few other suggestions as well:
• Jamie Beck captures Paris in black and white better than I’ve ever seen before. That’s it, I think I want to learn how to shoot with film!
• Ever wanted to get a peek inside the life (and mind) of Anna Wintour? This wonderful little video series called “73 questions”, created by Vogue, is just brilliant. Don’t miss the one with Sarah Jessica Park either! I only wish they did them more often.
• Elderflower granita. I mean, yum! Thanks for sharing such a great (and deliciously looking) recipe Peony!
• I adore Lena Dunham and these short little videos just made me smile while eating my yoghurt for breakfast the other day. I can’t wait for GIRLS to come back and to read her new book as well!
Don’t be fooled by the photo – my apartment actually looks like a war zone at the moment (it was taken pre-fashion week), covered in clothes, papers, memory cards and bags. I’ve barely been home during the last week since I’ve been running around the city in between photo shoots, meetings and shows but even though it’s stressful I kind of wish that we would have these weeks a bit more often – it’s just so much fun.
• I always get a ton of questions on how to dress when coming to Paris. If you’re wondering about this, I suggest popping over to Condé Nast Traveler and reading my latest article.
• Thanks to Madewell for featuring me in their “weekly roundup” edition!
• Instagram made a map over Paris together with the very talented illustrator Soledad Bravi and gave it away at Colette earlier this week. It’s such a cute idea and I couldn’t be more thrilled about actually being featured on the map as one of Paris’ instagrammers.
• I recently shot the lovely Jenny, behind the blog Margo & Me, while she was in Paris last week or so. She’s just the sweetest and I’m so terribly jealous of her pretty little clutch that I got to lust over for a few minutes during an afternoon.
• My darling Aisling asked me a few questions about Fashion Week, you can read my answers here.