Unpacking is always way more fun than packing. Especially when you get to unpack, and decorate, however you’d like. For the first time in my life, I now get to choose were things are going and which glasses I’m drinking out of – something I’ve been fantasising about forever. Although a small space with limited storage makes you think twice about keeping unnecessary items and forces you to become ruthless when choosing how many pairs of shoes and jackets you actually need to keep.
My first buy after I signed the lease for my apartment? Three tins of tea from Marriage Frères, which is something silly I’ve been wanting to buy for myself for the longest time now but always ignored since that would mean even less place in my already overpacked suitcases when it’s time for the next move. Finally, for the first time in 1,5 years I can now unpack my bags and not worry, or have to think about, when I’ll pack them again. Phew!
Mint coloured tulle skirt & pink chiffon skirt from Alexandra Grecco – Baby blue bag from Dannijo – Sparkly heels from Zara – Ballet flats from Chanel – Navy blue jacket from Red Valentino – Black bucket bag from Mansur Gavriel – Pyjama shorts from Oysho – Slippers from Oysho – Watch from Corniche – Code rings from Lulu Frost – Earrings from Dannijo – Gold bar necklace & gold circle necklace from Etsy – Nude coloured flats from J.Crew – Black ballet flats from Josefinas.
After moving in on Monday and running errands all around the city, calling plumbers and electricians to get all the final things sorted at my new place I’ve woken up absolutely exhausted – and I’m not done yet! I’m still struggling with getting my wifi and intercom working… Despite that I can’t help but smile every morning when I wake up. I’m so happy to have found my little sanctuary after more than 8 (yes, 8) moves within one year. What made me even more delighted was seeing some of my dearest friends drinking, chatting and having fun here during Thursday night when I invited them over for a little “housewarming apéro”. I guess that means that I’m officially moved in!
• Where I’d rather be right now (instead of a grey and rainy Paris…) is right here. I’m just a tiiiny bit jealous Aisling!
• You probably haven’t missed this – I mean, how could you? – but I’m sharing it anyway. Just because it’s one of the most amazing things I’ve ever seen and just because I’m convinced that Nicole must be some sort of genius for creating this breathtaking concept.
• I’m off to Italy by the end of next week and I can not wait to get there! The beach, the food, seeing my friends again and getting some sort of vacation for the first time in a year. I’m reminiscing by looking through old photos of Rome from my time there last summer and from our little beach gem south of the city.
Give me a couple of peonies and a croissant or two and I’ll be a very happy girl and have absolutely no problems at all getting out of bed. Now I’m off to brunch with a lovely group of people. I hope you’re all enjoying your weekends and this first day of June!
I couldn’t resist these when I passed the flower shop on my way home last week. I feel like I need to buy as many peonies as possible while they’re here and the weekend is a perfect excuse to buy flowers for yourself. Have a lovely weekend everyone!
Since I haven’t gotten my hands on that perfect camera bag just yet I usually tend to leave the camera at home and opt for a much lighter, and smaller option nowadays. I’m so used to carrying around bigger bags (with a ton of crap and unnecessary things in them) so this has truly forced me to scale down what’s inside my bag. So what you’ll most likely find in my Salvatore Ferragamo bag, which I found here in Paris last year, is what you see above. Métro card, my favourite lip balm from Clarins, a very beaten up hot pink coin purse (you always end up with too many coins here), a pack of tissues and my alternative, and smaller, wallet from Marc by Marc Jacobs. Plus iPhone. I’m feeling crazy minimalistic over here!
My favourite way to start a Saturday morning? With warm croissants and fresh flowers, from the little flower shop downstairs, in bed. We’ve been treated to such lovely spring weather here in Paris this week and for the first time in a long time now I’m waking up to a cloudy sky, which makes me want to crawl back under the duvet. But a coffee date with some lovely friends await!
• I’ve gotten a lot of emails lately about my camera equipment, what to do and where to eat while in Paris, where to stay and how you move here so I thought it might be time for a little reminder. Click on the words and you’ll land on previous posts about these topics.
• I have the pleasure of sharing a few of my favourite neighbourhoods here in Paris on TrotterMag till week. Hop on over there to see which ones!
• Any Sex and the City fans out there? Of course there are. Enjoy 73 quick questions with Sarah Jessica Parker thanks to Vogue.com
• I couldn’t help but fall in love with these gorgeous shots that my dear friend Katie took of our darling Lauren and her little pup Daisy while we were out strolling around Montmartre that day. I have major hair (and doggie) envy.
I’ve had so much work to catch up on this week that I’ve barely made it outside my little Parisian apartment. Instead I’ve been working from bed. While eating my favourite cake. Which isn’t too bad either if I can say so myself. But I can’t wait to get out and about with my camera soon again, which never seems to happen though since I want to catch up with so many lovely friends, who I’ve missed during the holidays.
• How could you not dream away when seeing photos like these? Nicole makes me long more than ever for summer to arrive!
• I do love a good red carpet dress and this year’s Golden Globe Awards treated us to a few at least. My favourites? Lupita in Ralph Lauren, Emilia in Proenza Schouler, Cate in Armani Privé and Emma in Christian Dior.
• Thanks for reminding me Garance, I really want to see this movie! I hope they’ll show it with English subtitles here in Paris…
• This week I had the pleasure of being interviewed by the lovely lady behind the blog Chocolate Cookies & Candies. You’ll find it here!
… And also! My new favourite cake is the gâteaux de voyage in the flavour caramel au beurre salé (I mean, how could you go every go wrong with caramel?) from Des Gâteaux et du Pain if you want to try it. Yum! And my striped pyjamas are from Oysho.
After catching up with my Parisian family over Italian pizza, wine and tiramisu this Friday night I enjoyed shooting this gorgeous lady during yesterday morning which then turned into a galette des roi party at this gorgeous venue. Pretty gorgeous, right? Kerrie Hess currently has an exhibition for her beautiful work at Le Meurice and if you’re in Paris today I suggest dropping by and checking it out. I can’t wait to share the photos with you!
• I’m really honoured to be mentioned as one of the “23 Instagrams To Follow To Travel The World In 2014” by BuzzFeed. Have a look at the rest of the list, they’ve found some truly amazing Instagram accounts to follow.
• If there’s one place in the world I’d really like to be at right now, it has to be this one. And Sonya captures it all so beautifully.
• I recently had the pleasure of being interviewed by the Greek food site mamapeinao.gr (meaning “mom i’m hungry” in English). Now if I only could read it myself… But if you know your Greek I say enjoy!
• I had so much fun in Florence thanks to Luisa Via Roma who put on such amazing dinners, events and parties for us all during our stay in Italy. Now you can have a little peek at what we were up to on their website through both photos and a little video.
I’ve spent these days after Christmas trying to wind down and watching hundreds of movies. But that’s what you should do during days like these, no? Tomorrow I have a very exciting shoot planned with this gorgeous lady so I better keep the Harry Potter movies to a minimum this evening. Although I have a feeling that will be hard… I hope everyone has had a lovely Christmas!
• When the year is coming to an end people love to sum up the year that’s gone by – and I’m no different. That’s why I can’t get enough of all of these lists! Which were the biggest modeling moments you might wonder? And Style.com asks you to name “the look of the year“.
• If lists to sum up the year in fashion isn’t your cup of tea perhaps this recipe by Dessert for Breakfast might be a better fit. Banana and hazelnut pancakes anyone? I’m not the biggest banana fan but this looks yummy.
• Pinterest – a great source for inspiration and a place to gather all your wants and needs. I mean, how perfect aren’t these for New Year’s Eve?
• By the end of next week I’m leaving for Florence (yay! I promise to tell you more about it really soon) and now I’d love to hear about your tips for this Italian gem if you’ve ever been before. Lay it on me, I’d love to know all about it!
One of the best things with a new year coming soon is that it means getting yourself a new calendar. Yay! I don’t know what it is, but something makes my heart skip when I see pretty stationary. And ever since I saw Nicole‘s baby blue beauty, the brand Kikki.K has been on my mind. After meeting up with another Aussie friend who happened to have the version above I was immediately sold and decided to get one as well. Funnily enough it’s a Swedish woman whois behind this super sweet brand. Must be destiny, right?
• You can always trust Lindsey for some of the best suggestions when it comes to Paris and you can’t miss her post about coffee in Paris.
• More from beautiful Rome and Nicole Franzen. I want to book a ticket there right away after scrolling through her gorgeous photographs.
• I can’t get enough of beautiful lingerie, and this piece that I found through Sara (of Harper & Harley) is definitely on my wish list this Christmas.
• I’m obviously not the only one who’s obsessed with Beyonce‘s latest album. My favourite part about it though? All the crazy amazing videos. The New York Times takes a closer look at fashion featured in them.