While I’m attending the amazing Gucci Paris Masters this weekend (I can’t wait to show you guys the photos) I thought I’d share some of my favourite links that I came across this week. If I wasn’t doing that though I certainly wouldn’t mind snuggling up on my couch with a cup of green tea and a gingerbread macaron or two while browsing through these again.
• Last week I read Garance’s post on “Things New Yorkers Do” and then this week I read her piece on “Things Parisians Do“. I have to say that I caught myself laughing and nodding along while reading the whole post. The worst of it all? I think I’m slowly becoming one of them… Ignoring red lights, sighting annoyingly at “slow walkers” and ditching museums for a stop at the Bon Marché. But I mean, who wouldn’t?
• Nicole Franzen in Rome. I couldn’t think of a better combination.
• Central Park looks pretty darn good in all those autumn colours, captured so beautifully by Jamie Beck.
• And oh, I can’t wait to see this!
Hope you’re all having a lovely weekend right now. Here’s a couple of links that caught my eye during the week, enjoy!
• The highlight of the week for me was definitely getting the chance to dream away through Jamie Beck‘s exquisite photographs from her safari adventures. You can indulge in part I, part II, part III, part IV and part V right here if you haven’t seen them already.
• Another favourite photographer of mine, Alice Gao, was recently interviewed by Chocolate Cookies & Candies. A must read if you’re a fan. And if you can’t get enough, here’s another one.
• Last week I suggested a cute little print shop and this week I’ve found another one! Adorable prints by Note to Self.
• If you’re a Lulu Frost lover like myself you’ll enjoy this feature with Lisa Salzer, the founder and head designer by Tales of Endearment.
• The fall campaigns are out! And if you want a little look behind the scenes of the Louis Vuitton shoot I suggest hopping over to Vogue.fr
• When the book “The Devil Wears Prada” came out I think I read it about 100 times. Now the sequel, “Revenge Wears Prada“, has been released and I have to say that I’m sceptical and excited both at the same time! You can order it here.
• How do you construct a Dior bag you wonder? CR Fashion Book shares some amazing photos and of the process.
• I must admit that I miss a bunch of stuff from Paris while I’m on vacation. One of them are really yummy profiteroles. If I had more time on my hands I think I might attempt this recipe by Citrus and Candy.
• I’ve been too lazy to fix a little button for my Facebook page but if you want to find it, you can click right here! Follow for more daily updates.
During the last couple of days it’s been raining here in Stockholm, which yesterday resulted in cake baking at home. I guess I have to
make eat all the things I’ve been missing from home before I go back to Paris again! Yum yum yum.
I always try to pack light when I travel. Yes, I said try. But there’s some pieces of jewellery that I simply can’t leave behind. What you’re most likely to find inside my jewellery case when I travel are these pieces above. They’re easy and versatile, and yet they go with almost anything. And yes, if you hadn’t noticed already I’m a sucker for anything in gold.
From left to right: horseshoe bracelet from Claire Aristides, earrings from Swarovski, gold chain bracelet from Marc by Marc Jacobs, leather bracelet from Filippa K, drift necklace from Lulu Frost, layered Avish necklace from Lionette, bracelet from Lionette and drift tassel necklace from Lulu Frost.
I’ve been wanting to read this book for such a long time now, I can’t wait to begin. And look how well it goes with my bag!
I unfortunately had to move from my Parisian apartment before I left for Italy… Well, I actually I had to leave it last week already and since I booked my ticket to Italy for this week I ended up homeless for a couple of days. Fortunately I found the cutest little apartment, located right on Rue Grenelle (you can find here) in the 7th arrondissement with a lovely little balcony and walking distance to the cosy Rue Cler thanks to Habitat Parisien. So during my last days in Paris, before my vacation begun, I got to enjoy my breakfast like this. Mmmm! Pretty perfect, no?
I can’t get enough of these beautiful Peonies. I buy waay too many of them, but it’s impossible not to!
• If anybody out there is heading to Stockholm during the next couple of months I think you should take a look at David Lebovitz‘s guide to my hometown. He mentions a lot of very good places that you shouldn’t miss during your stay, and a few ones I don’t necessarily agree with (I’ve never had herring in my life for example, haha) but he sums it up very well! Although this is my favourite place. Thank you David!
• Yum is the only word I can think of when seeing this. Linda‘s recipes are always the best!
• Condé Nast Traveler lists the best new restaurants in Paris right now. I’ve been to two of them: Semilla and Auberge Flora. They both serve solid and delicious food for sure, but are they my favourites so far? Nah… Unfortunately not. But absolutely worth a visit!
• I want to look like this every time it rains from now on. Isn’t Alix the cutest thing you’ve ever seen?
• During certain days I’m busier than others, and during those days I might not have time for a proper blog post, but you can still find me and Paris in Four Months on Facebook and Instagram!
• Have you seen Localers‘ new video? It’s so adorable, good job guys!
• Today is the first day of La Tour de France and the race is actually beginning in Corsica where I vacationed a couple of weeks ago! I’m not a big sports fan but when I saw these prints, featured on Anne‘s blog I just had to share them.
• Lifestyle Mirror‘s beauty section asked a couple of questions about me and my favourite beauty products for their web series about blogger favourites. Yay, I’m so honoured to be featured among people like Peony Lim and Leandra Medine for example. Merci Lifestyle Mirror!
• I love the Business of Blogging articles by The business of Fashion. I especially loved the one about Garance Dore and now I also love this one, with Jamie Beck and Kevin Burg. It’s always interesting to get to know the thought process that goes behind all the hard work.
• It feels like women are ruling the blogging world out there at the moment, and don’t get me wrong, I love it! But sometimes it can be nice to come across a man’s point of view as well. That’s why I love Daaamn! so much. Beautiful design, beautiful photos and always very, very stylish.
• For more beautiful photo you can always check out my favourite page on Flickr. I can never get enough of pretty pictures!
• Paris has taught me a lot. Being able to dine alone is one of those lessons. It’s not always easy but it’s something I’m determined to do every now and then. You can read more about my dining solo experience and my best tips if you want to feel comfortable in this situation on the HiP Paris Blog.
• After a very cold and rainy spring in Paris I don’t feel very eager to bare it all in a bikini in Italy during the summer… Perhaps I should give one of these products a go? Ah, but no… I think I’m too scared to mess it up. Even with Garance Doré‘s great tips!
• I’ve gotten a lot of questions about my camera equipment lately. I’ve told you all about it before so I’m not going to bore you with that again, but here you can find the previous post I did about my camera.
• Thunderstorms and rain has come and gone all week… When it’s pouring outside I like to dream away to a sunnier and much warmer place. Like this for example. Thank you Alix behind The Cherry Blossom Girl for the escape!
I hope you’re all enjoying your weekend!
• First of all I have to tell you about Perch Magazine. The lovely Mary, who I met up with a couple of weeks ago to do an interview, finally released her own online magazine! She has collected the best from several blogs about France and Paris and put it all together. In this issue I had the pleasure of being featured in a whole article and also in the feature about our recent Corsica trip. Hope you’ll enjoy!
• Do we have any Sex and the City fans out there? Well, if so I think you’ll like this news quite a bit. Sarah Jessica Parker is launching her own shoe collection. Ever wanted to walk in Carrie Bradshaw’s heels? Well, now you (kind of) have the chance to do that.
• I’ve never really been one of those people who says “Paris is always more beautiful in the rain”… I like my sunshine! But Christine almost convinced me with these absolutely stunning photos of our city in the rain.
• Jamie Beck’s photographs from the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic events are always some of my favourites. It just looks so colourful and fun!
• A while ago I shared a link about packing smart for your trip, but I just had to share another link on the same subject. Shini Park shares her tips on how to best pack your bag, and both the smart ideas and her stunning photos made me want to travel this very moment.
• If you have a few minutes over this weekend I suggest checking out Lifestyle Mirror and their cover stories. Some of the people who’ve been a part of this are Garance Doré, Poppy Delvingne and Dita Von Teese. They share beautiful images, insider info and a lovely little video of the person in question at the end. Love it!
• Before coming to Paris, or if you’re already here, I think you should read this post by David Lebovitz. People often ask me about how safe Paris is and even though the city looks very glamourous on the outside, Paris has its darker sides as well. Don’t get paranoid, but always pay attention and be careful!
• I know that the Cannes film festival is over but I can’t seem to let it go. I blame Jamie Beck’s photographs. Through these photos, day 1, day 2 and day 3, you can almost pretend like you’re there yourself. And don’t miss out on her gorgeous photographs of Cara Delevingne while in Cannes!
• I’m pretty sure this site can be described with one word; drool.
• Yes I love colour and patterns and eye-catching things, but there’s something special about a clean and pretty simple look too. And nobody does that batter than Alice, one of my favourite photographers as well.
• Istanbul has never been a city that I’ve had high up on my “to visit” list but after seeing Christine’s beautiful photographs of the city I might have to rethink it… Here you’ll find part I and part II, pretty right?
• Before I left for Corsica a couple of weeks ago I met up with some friends at Café Pinson for brunch. Let’s just say that I left hungrier than when I arrived there in the first place. Milsters can explain more about our very unpleasant experience here.
• Have you ever seen anything prettier than this? I mean come on, lilacs and sugar?! Of course it’s the prettiest (and sweetest) combination ever.
• I usually get a lot of questions about how and what to pack for an upcoming trip (most often to Paris, bien sûr) but if this post didn’t satisfy your needs I hope this one will. Wendy is now officially the “master packer” in my opinion.
• For procrastinating, simply dream away for a while or just to get some inspiration I always make sure to stop by this blog every now and then.
I also want to tell you that the winner of the Paris, My Sweet giveaway is now selected and has been contacted. Congratulations to Sia who won this time! And thank you all so so much for sharing your favourite/dream desserts with me, your answers made me hungry, to say the least…