I bought these beautiful hydrangeas yesterday for my mom who arrived in Paris last night to pay me a little visit. I haven’t had any family members visit since I moved into my new apartment so I can’t wait to spend the weekend together.
• Vogue Paris arrived in my mailbox this week and this editorial, shot around familiar areas in the city, caught my attention. It’s always interesting to see how other creative minds, photographers etc. sees the same corners and streets as you’re used to passing by.
• As the red carpet freak that I am I can’t leave out the Emmys, which took place a couple of days ago. My favourite dresses could be found on Julia, Sarah, Claire, Zooey, Julianne and Sarah.
• Another familiar area, that always makes for great strolls, is the beautiful Luxembourg garden, which Alice Gao captured so beautifully.
• Something I miss from home is a really good blueberry crumble. I don’t care what you say, we make the best one. Although this one, shot by talented Nicole Franzen, looks pretty tasty as well.
I have a couple of weaknesses. Ice cream, bags and pastries being the most obvious to people. Another weakness that I might have been able to keep a little bit more “under the radar” thus far has to be my obsession with pretty sleepwear. In saying this, I don’t mean that that you’ll never find me in one of my mom’s old Jurassic Park t-shirts, watching GIRLS while eating ice cream straight out of the tub – those moments are just impossible to avoid. But, even though I more than often go for a comfy t-shirt I can never stop buying and lusting over pretty pyjama sets. I’ve probably bought five sets alone this summer… Yup, that’s right. I’ve only worn one so far. Anyways, that’s not my point here. I’m convinced that I’ll eventually wear every single one of them, eventually. And if not, that’s ok too. They’re just too pretty to pass in the stores.
The silk set you see above in the photo was therefor the most pleasant surprise I’ve gotten in the mail in a long time. I mean, a monogrammed sleepwear set for a pyjama junkie like myself is nothing short of amazing. Thank you Rebecca Peace for making my sleepwear closet complete (well, until next time I happen to pass a lingerie shop at least).
Unpacking is always way more fun than packing. Especially when you get to unpack, and decorate, however you’d like. For the first time in my life, I now get to choose were things are going and which glasses I’m drinking out of – something I’ve been fantasising about forever. Although a small space with limited storage makes you think twice about keeping unnecessary items and forces you to become ruthless when choosing how many pairs of shoes and jackets you actually need to keep.
My first buy after I signed the lease for my apartment? Three tins of tea from Marriage Frères, which is something silly I’ve been wanting to buy for myself for the longest time now but always ignored since that would mean even less place in my already overpacked suitcases when it’s time for the next move. Finally, for the first time in 1,5 years I can now unpack my bags and not worry, or have to think about, when I’ll pack them again. Phew!
Mint coloured tulle skirt & pink chiffon skirt from Alexandra Grecco – Baby blue bag from Dannijo – Sparkly heels from Zara – Ballet flats from Chanel – Navy blue jacket from Red Valentino – Black bucket bag from Mansur Gavriel – Pyjama shorts from Oysho – Slippers from Oysho – Watch from Corniche – Code rings from Lulu Frost – Earrings from Dannijo – Gold bar necklace & gold circle necklace from Etsy – Nude coloured flats from J.Crew – Black ballet flats from Josefinas.
After moving in on Monday and running errands all around the city, calling plumbers and electricians to get all the final things sorted at my new place I’ve woken up absolutely exhausted – and I’m not done yet! I’m still struggling with getting my wifi and intercom working… Despite that I can’t help but smile every morning when I wake up. I’m so happy to have found my little sanctuary after more than 8 (yes, 8) moves within one year. What made me even more delighted was seeing some of my dearest friends drinking, chatting and having fun here during Thursday night when I invited them over for a little “housewarming apéro”. I guess that means that I’m officially moved in!
• Where I’d rather be right now (instead of a grey and rainy Paris…) is right here. I’m just a tiiiny bit jealous Aisling!
• You probably haven’t missed this – I mean, how could you? – but I’m sharing it anyway. Just because it’s one of the most amazing things I’ve ever seen and just because I’m convinced that Nicole must be some sort of genius for creating this breathtaking concept.
• I’m off to Italy by the end of next week and I can not wait to get there! The beach, the food, seeing my friends again and getting some sort of vacation for the first time in a year. I’m reminiscing by looking through old photos of Rome from my time there last summer and from our little beach gem south of the city.
Give me a couple of peonies and a croissant or two and I’ll be a very happy girl and have absolutely no problems at all getting out of bed. Now I’m off to brunch with a lovely group of people. I hope you’re all enjoying your weekends and this first day of June!
I couldn’t resist these when I passed the flower shop on my way home last week. I feel like I need to buy as many peonies as possible while they’re here and the weekend is a perfect excuse to buy flowers for yourself. Have a lovely weekend everyone!
Since I haven’t gotten my hands on that perfect camera bag just yet I usually tend to leave the camera at home and opt for a much lighter, and smaller option nowadays. I’m so used to carrying around bigger bags (with a ton of crap and unnecessary things in them) so this has truly forced me to scale down what’s inside my bag. So what you’ll most likely find in my Salvatore Ferragamo bag, which I found here in Paris last year, is what you see above. Métro card, my favourite lip balm from Clarins, a very beaten up hot pink coin purse (you always end up with too many coins here), a pack of tissues and my alternative, and smaller, wallet from Marc by Marc Jacobs. Plus iPhone. I’m feeling crazy minimalistic over here!
My favourite way to start a Saturday morning? With warm croissants and fresh flowers, from the little flower shop downstairs, in bed. We’ve been treated to such lovely spring weather here in Paris this week and for the first time in a long time now I’m waking up to a cloudy sky, which makes me want to crawl back under the duvet. But a coffee date with some lovely friends await!
• I’ve gotten a lot of emails lately about my camera equipment, what to do and where to eat while in Paris, where to stay and how you move here so I thought it might be time for a little reminder. Click on the words and you’ll land on previous posts about these topics.
• I have the pleasure of sharing a few of my favourite neighbourhoods here in Paris on TrotterMag till week. Hop on over there to see which ones!
• Any Sex and the City fans out there? Of course there are. Enjoy 73 quick questions with Sarah Jessica Parker thanks to Vogue.com
• I couldn’t help but fall in love with these gorgeous shots that my dear friend Katie took of our darling Lauren and her little pup Daisy while we were out strolling around Montmartre that day. I have major hair (and doggie) envy.
I’ve had so much work to catch up on this week that I’ve barely made it outside my little Parisian apartment. Instead I’ve been working from bed. While eating my favourite cake. Which isn’t too bad either if I can say so myself. But I can’t wait to get out and about with my camera soon again, which never seems to happen though since I want to catch up with so many lovely friends, who I’ve missed during the holidays.
• How could you not dream away when seeing photos like these? Nicole makes me long more than ever for summer to arrive!
• I do love a good red carpet dress and this year’s Golden Globe Awards treated us to a few at least. My favourites? Lupita in Ralph Lauren, Emilia in Proenza Schouler, Cate in Armani Privé and Emma in Christian Dior.
• Thanks for reminding me Garance, I really want to see this movie! I hope they’ll show it with English subtitles here in Paris…
• This week I had the pleasure of being interviewed by the lovely lady behind the blog Chocolate Cookies & Candies. You’ll find it here!
… And also! My new favourite cake is the gâteaux de voyage in the flavour caramel au beurre salé (I mean, how could you go every go wrong with caramel?) from Des Gâteaux et du Pain if you want to try it. Yum! And my striped pyjamas are from Oysho.
After catching up with my Parisian family over Italian pizza, wine and tiramisu this Friday night I enjoyed shooting this gorgeous lady during yesterday morning which then turned into a galette des roi party at this gorgeous venue. Pretty gorgeous, right? Kerrie Hess currently has an exhibition for her beautiful work at Le Meurice and if you’re in Paris today I suggest dropping by and checking it out. I can’t wait to share the photos with you!
• I’m really honoured to be mentioned as one of the “23 Instagrams To Follow To Travel The World In 2014” by BuzzFeed. Have a look at the rest of the list, they’ve found some truly amazing Instagram accounts to follow.
• If there’s one place in the world I’d really like to be at right now, it has to be this one. And Sonya captures it all so beautifully.
• I recently had the pleasure of being interviewed by the Greek food site mamapeinao.gr (meaning “mom i’m hungry” in English). Now if I only could read it myself… But if you know your Greek I say enjoy!
• I had so much fun in Florence thanks to Luisa Via Roma who put on such amazing dinners, events and parties for us all during our stay in Italy. Now you can have a little peek at what we were up to on their website through both photos and a little video.