I’ve just arrived in Stockholm where I will spend the holidays together with family and friends before heading back to Paris. I think I’ve forgotten how cold it can be over here! It’s absolutely freezing. The only thing missing now is some snow to cover the grounds! I can’t wait to spend a week or two together with my family watching way too many Harry Potter and Bond movies, eating gingerbread cookies and lussekatter while decorating our tree.
… But first, how beautiful isn’t the illustrations above? It’s my super talented sister Sara who made this little piece of art. I’m so impressed with what she can create with a simple piece of paper and some colour. It really blows my mind! If you haven’t already, you simply have to check out her blog where she shares more of her amazing illustrations.
• While I’m freezing my *ss off over here I’m daydreaming about visiting Australia after seeing Nicole‘s stunning photographs.
• One of the sweetest people I had the pleasure to meet during Paris fashion week was Mandy, behind the beautiful blog Oracle Fox. Not only is she one of the most stylish women on this planet, she’s also a blast to be around and I’m so happy our paths crossed. We even had some time to shoot together! Hopefully I’ll meet this sweetie soon again.
• Another amazing woman I got to meet while in New York was Evangelie, and her blog is quickly becoming one of my absolute favourites! Impeccable style, breathtaking beauty and photos worthy of a spread in Vogue - Evangelie’s blog Styleheroine has it all.
• I’ve been to lazy to add a button for my Facebook page at the top (I know, embarrassing right?) but you’ll find it right here.
Crispy baguettes for breakfast, morning light in St Germain, eye candy from Gucci, Jardin du Luxembourg on a beautiful day, lovely horses at the Gucci Paris Masters this weekend, strolling through parks in between work, autumn colours in Paris, the little oasis behind the Notre Dame, the best work view ever from the Westin, a Prada wonderland at Printemps, deliciousness from L’Éclair de Génie and pretty carousel lights in front of Hôtel de Ville. You’ll find me under the name “ParisInFourMonths“.
While I’m attending the amazing Gucci Paris Masters this weekend (I can’t wait to show you guys the photos) I thought I’d share some of my favourite links that I came across this week. If I wasn’t doing that though I certainly wouldn’t mind snuggling up on my couch with a cup of green tea and a gingerbread macaron or two while browsing through these again.
• Last week I read Garance’s post on “Things New Yorkers Do” and then this week I read her piece on “Things Parisians Do“. I have to say that I caught myself laughing and nodding along while reading the whole post. The worst of it all? I think I’m slowly becoming one of them… Ignoring red lights, sighting annoyingly at “slow walkers” and ditching museums for a stop at the Bon Marché. But I mean, who wouldn’t?
• Nicole Franzen in Rome. I couldn’t think of a better combination.
• Central Park looks pretty darn good in all those autumn colours, captured so beautifully by Jamie Beck.
• And oh, I can’t wait to see this!
Don’t be fooled by the pretty photo, this is not what Paris looks like at the moment, but I couldn’t resist. I never got around to posting it earlier this October so it will have to do now instead. It reminds me of spring and the fact that this cold has to come to an end at some point. Let’s just hope spring (I know, I know, first we have to deal with that Christmas and everything) isn’t too far away…
• Another thing that reminds me of spring is Alix‘s post from our day in Versailles together. It must have been sometime in May. Time really flies by! I had such a blast together with Grace, Nicole and Alix that day and watching those fireworks was just magical.
• If you want to continue to dream away for a little while I suggest scrolling through Sonya‘s beautiful photos from Phuket.
• … And if it’s not sun and warmer weather I’m dreaming about it’s probably sweets. My heart skipped a beat when I saw this list of yummy treats you’re not allowed to miss while in New York by TrotterMag. Yes, I still have dreams about that crème brûlée doughnut.
• Ok, let’s stick with the dreaming away theme this weekend. Florence is a place I’ve always been wanting to visit (and yay, I’m going next year) so I loved seeing Nicole Franzen‘s stunning photography of the city. I can’t wait to see this Italian city with my own eyes.
I’ve had a lovely week so far that luckily enough included several mornings at Ladurée for their delicious French toast, a visit from my favourite Annie who’s in Paris from Rome and an exciting cocktail event at Gucci. Even though I’m still fighting off a cold (but I guess that’s inevitable when it’s this freezing outside?) I’ll be heading out soon again to meet up some lovely girls for a dessert date. Have a lovely weekend!
• I met up with Shini a couple of weeks ago when she was in town for the reveal of the Printemp’s Christmas windows and ever since she told me about it I’ve been dying to see her photos. Now they’re finally live on her blog, so go check them out!
• The Victoria’s Secret fashion show took place in New York a while ago and I always enjoy seeing the madness that goes on behind the scenes.
• Thanks to Jamie Beck I can fall in love with my city over and over again, no one captures it the way she does.
• I recently had the honour of being featured on H&M Life‘s website as one of their recommended “terrific travel bloggers“. Thanks H&M! You’ll find the feature and the other gorgeous blogs right here.
A stunning morning at the Louvre, cream puffs x1000 at Odette, dreaming about warmer days in front of the Eiffel Tower, coffee date with the lovely Lindsey and Sugared & Spiced, hot chocolate from Angelina in Jardin des Tuileries, such a fun night at the beautiful Gucci event, tea and sweets with Melanie at Café Pouchkine, love locks on Pont des Arts, the amazing Miss Dior exhibition at the Grand Palais, one of my favourite places in Paris: Place Dauphine, a beautiful morning in Paris crossing bridges and the charming midnight walk home passing a bunch of cute little cafés.
For daily updates and more from my life here in Paris, follow along on Instagram. You’ll find me under the name “ParisInFourMonths“.
• I found this article thanks to Lindsey (behind the blog Lost in Cheeseland) and thought it was too funny not to share with you all.
• I’m a huge caramel fan, if you didn’t know that already, so this certainly didn’t make my sweet cravings go away… Linda‘s blog is seriously dangerous (but equally beautiful) to visit.
• A couple of weeks ago Louis Vuitton announced that Nicolas Ghesquière is the man who’s taking over after Marc Jacobs. Thoughts?
• I love finding out what’s currently happening in Paris and after ticking off the amazing Brassaï exhibition at Hôtel de Ville last weekend I’d love to attend the Cupcake Camp or visit Le Fooding’s Le Clan des Madones next.
• Ever since meeting the lovely (and fellow Swede) Sania for the first time during fashion month I’m now obsessed with her blog and amazing style. Isn’t this and this just perfect? Fortunately her blog is written in English as well so that everyone can enjoy it!
I’m trying to capture the seasons changing through both my iPhone and camera lens as much as I possibly can right now since I love all of these orange and yellow colours. Above you’ll see my last couple of photos on Instagram, including cream puffs from Odette, my breakfast location Hotel Amour with Shini from Park & Cube, my new love from Corniche, the Notre Dame framed by nature, my birthday breakfast at Ladurée, flowers from dear friends, how magical Paris can look during the evenings and Jardin des Tuileries on a beautiful autumn day.
Waking up in my apartment is like waking up in a sea of pink roses at the moment. I’ve used every vase and saucepan I’ve been able to come across, but I’m not complaining, there’s nothing better than waking up in an apartment that both looks and smells amazing. Have a lovely weekend!
• I constantly get questions about what you can’t miss while in Paris, so when TrotterMag asked me to put together a list over my “must try sweets” in the French capital I jumped at the chance. Which pastries made the cut? See the whole list right here.
• The most recent thing I fell in love with? Seeing New York City through Jamie Beck‘s eyes. Literally.
• It’s getting colder and rainier in Paris by the minute. The best cure for this horrible weather? Tea! And pastries of course. I recently wrote about both these things for the HiP Paris blog.
• I love seeing some of my favourite bloggers, in this case andyheart, in my own city.
• My newest article for Condé Nast Traveler about 3 great wine bars here in Paris is up on their website now. Hope you’ll enjoy!
It’s always a little bit weird to see yourself in a magazine but a lot of fun as well of course. This time I have to say thank you to the Swedish travel magazine called RES for the lovely article. If you’re in Sweden you can read a little bit about the blog and a few of my favourite Instagrammers in their latest issue. While I’m enjoying Rome I hope you’ll find some of these links interesting!
• Paris + Nicole Franzen‘s photography. Of course I’m going to enjoy every single shot.
• I’ve never been a big Halloween fan but Alix makes me want to rethink the whole thing.What a crazy amazing transformation, right?
• I couldn’t help myself from laughing when I found out that someone actually sat down and listened to every single song by Jay Z to count how many times different brands are mentioned in his songs. Apparently Mercedes and Gucci are in the top together with his favourite this year, Tom Ford. See the whole list on Vanity Fair.
• My second piece for Condé Nast Traveler is up on their website now. This time it’s all about coffee in Paris!
• I’ve never been to South America but looking at Jamie‘s photos it almost feels like I’m there. Santiago, Valparaiso and the Atacama Desert are all places she can bring you to through her beautiful photos.