Walking into the beautiful Dior venue was almost overwhelming because of how pretty and grand it was. I’ve barely been home during the last couple of weeks and my apartment is currently looking as though something has exploded all over my floor (fortunately it’s a pretty explosion). The beautiful finale at Haider Ackermann was filled with gorgeous blush tones, nudes and pinks and I almost had to pinch myself when I saw where I was seated for the Dior show. Jardin des Tuileries seemed so serene and magical during early morning hours, before the fashion week craziness started again. Dior was spectacular as always and having to get up early during every morning definitely seemed less challenging when I got to see the Louvre completely empty. The best packages comes in big red boxes and this beautiful gift from Carolina Herrera was no exception. I fell in love with these beautiful shoes by Alejandro Ingelmo and can’t seem to get those baby blue ones out of my mind… There was no time for long lunch breaks so cake at Angelina‘s had to do instead. Shooting backstage at Issey Miyake was so much fun and getting to see all the venues completely empty (like this one for Haider Ackermann) before showtime was just incredible. That was my Paris Fashion Week, in a couple of Instagram photos.
The last couple of days have been absolutely crazy. I’ve barely had time to sleep. Or eat. But even though they’ve been incredibly hectic, they’ve also been super exciting due to a lot of new photography assignments (like this for example) and interesting meetings, which I can’t wait to hopefully share more about very soon. Until then, here’s a few reads for this weekend!
• Looking for somewhere to sip a glass of wine or dine with a pretty view in Paris? Be sure not to miss my latest article for Condé Nast Traveler.
• Can I please move in with you, Jenny? This is just too pretty to be true.
• Anyone out there heading to London for fashion week? In that case I suggest having a look at Carrie’s guide to hidden London gems.
• Since I couldn’t go to New York fashion week this time around due to work keeping me here in Paris, I’ve been keeping up with the latest street style photos and what’s going on thanks to Style.com and everyone’s favourite Tommy Ton.
The last couple of days here in Paris has been super busy with work and I feel as though I’m running around the city like a crazy person. If you see someone out and about in a hurry, trying to catch the bus while juggling camera equipment and probably loosing a shoe on the way, it’s most likely going to be me. Even though it’s hectic right now I’m so excited for so many exciting shoot and job opportunities coming up! Here’s a little recap of what’s been going on over on Instagram lately.
I bought these beautiful hydrangeas yesterday for my mom who arrived in Paris last night to pay me a little visit. I haven’t had any family members visit since I moved into my new apartment so I can’t wait to spend the weekend together.
• Vogue Paris arrived in my mailbox this week and this editorial, shot around familiar areas in the city, caught my attention. It’s always interesting to see how other creative minds, photographers etc. sees the same corners and streets as you’re used to passing by.
• As the red carpet freak that I am I can’t leave out the Emmys, which took place a couple of days ago. My favourite dresses could be found on Julia, Sarah, Claire, Zooey, Julianne and Sarah.
• Another familiar area, that always makes for great strolls, is the beautiful Luxembourg garden, which Alice Gao captured so beautifully.
• Something I miss from home is a really good blueberry crumble. I don’t care what you say, we make the best one. Although this one, shot by talented Nicole Franzen, looks pretty tasty as well.
I haven’t done a weekend reading list in ages which means that I have so many things I’m dying to share with you… Enjoy!
• Ever wondered what a super cute Parisian apartment might look like? My dear friend Marissa has started a great new series called “At Home With” where the first apartment she featured belongs to another dear friend named Meg (who by the way have the cutest little kitten you’ll ever see).
• Who in the world has the time to spend 9 minutes on this? Well, apparently I do (and Garance Doré, which makes me feel a little bit better about it). All the brands mentioned during the series Sex and the City.
• This has to be the perfect dream destination/fashion wedding, no? The Coveteur’s photos makes me want to fly to Capri and get married. ASAP.
• Thomson decided to name me as one of the 10 Travel Bloggers To Follow On Instagram. Thank you!
During stressful times it’s easier to catch me over on Instagram. My last couple of snapshots include the stairwell leading up to my new apartment, one of my Paris prints for SS Print Shop in bed with @Doctorscloset, beautiful Parisian buildings, my favourite timepiece from Corniche at Ralph’s along with a yummy club sandwich at the same place. A little photo from my housewarming last Thursday with dear friends, hidden allies in the 4th arrondissement and a breathtaking view from the 7th floor at my friend’s apartment. Ladurée’s pretty storefront, coffee at La Caféothèque, courtyard cuteness at Ralph’s and an absolutely delicious lunch at my favourite Verjus Bar à Vins.
After moving in on Monday and running errands all around the city, calling plumbers and electricians to get all the final things sorted at my new place I’ve woken up absolutely exhausted – and I’m not done yet! I’m still struggling with getting my wifi and intercom working… Despite that I can’t help but smile every morning when I wake up. I’m so happy to have found my little sanctuary after more than 8 (yes, 8) moves within one year. What made me even more delighted was seeing some of my dearest friends drinking, chatting and having fun here during Thursday night when I invited them over for a little “housewarming apéro”. I guess that means that I’m officially moved in!
• Where I’d rather be right now (instead of a grey and rainy Paris…) is right here. I’m just a tiiiny bit jealous Aisling!
• You probably haven’t missed this – I mean, how could you? – but I’m sharing it anyway. Just because it’s one of the most amazing things I’ve ever seen and just because I’m convinced that Nicole must be some sort of genius for creating this breathtaking concept.
• I’m off to Italy by the end of next week and I can not wait to get there! The beach, the food, seeing my friends again and getting some sort of vacation for the first time in a year. I’m reminiscing by looking through old photos of Rome from my time there last summer and from our little beach gem south of the city.
• Alice Gao captured the beautiful roses in Jardin du Palais Royal better than anyone I’ve ever seen while she was here in Paris.
• Ice cream and pretty flower – sounds like a pretty good combination, right? Linda Lomelino makes it hard to resist my sugar cravings…
• I’m so lucky to have so many talented friends who I’m constantly inspired by, and one of them (who I’m sure I’ve mentioned around here a couple of times before) is Katie Mitchell. She’s an amazing portrait and wedding photographer based here in Paris but I simply adored seeing her adventures in Nepal a couple of years ago through photos in a recent blogpost. Another destination going on my bucket list!
• … And don’t forget to check out my collaboration with SS Print Shop. You can read a little interview with me on Stephanie‘s blog about our launch, why I moved to Paris and what a typical day in my life looks like.
My photography prints, in collaboration with SS Print Shop are finally live and available for purchase now. I’m so excited and so incredibly thankful to Stephanie (the founder of SS Print Shop) for believing in my talent and for taking this chance on me. It feels a little bit surreal to hold them in my hands and to actually being able to see my own photograph on my wall – pinch me! This print that we decided to call “Paris Je T’aime” is my favourite one out of the three piece collection. I remember that autumn day in Jardin du Luxembourg like it was yesterday… Thank you so much for all of your encouraging and lovely words on this collaboration. I’m so happy you seem to love them just as much as I do!
For a little interview with me about this thrilling launch, head on over to Stephanie’s own blog and for those of you who are thinking about getting a print for your own home, or maybe just take a closer look, you can find them all here.
After working together with the lovely Stephanie behind SS Print Shop for months now, they’re finally done and I’m incredibly happy to announce that our prints will be available for purchase starting tomorrow! I’ve never printed my photographs before so this is certainly a first and I couldn’t be more excited. I’ll show you more of each print later on this week but here’s a little sneak peek of what’s to come in the meantime. It’s been such a pleasure working together with Stephanie on this and I truly hope you’ll love the prints just as much as we do.