I hope you’re all enjoying this lovely Easter weekend. I’ve had the pleasure of celebrating this little holiday in the most untraditional way together with friends over wine, pizza, tapas, ice cream, scooter rides and more wine. Of course I managed to save some room for chocolates as well! Since I didn’t have time to put together a weekend reading list for last weekend I have even more to share this time around.
• Cake and cherry blossoms. I mean, what can I say? Two of my favourite things combined thanks to Linda Lomelino.
• These lovely photos, taken by the talented Sonya Khegay, made me wish we had more of those beautiful Wistera blossoms here in Paris.
• Congratulations to my darling friends Shini Park and Kit Lee for making this happen!
• I’m currently kind of obsessed with Cindy Chen‘s beautiful blog, and especially her photos from a rainy Venice.
• Trying to find those perfect jeans is not the easiest thing but I think I’ve fallen in love with these that Garance Doré is wearing. Perfect, no?
Lately I’ve been quite bad at keeping you guys updated over here (I know, don’t hate me) but things are going faster and quicker (which means more updates) on Instagram. So what have I been up to lately? Well, I met up with the lovely Lauren for a little juice date at our favourite La Caféothèque, ate pink raspberry macarons from Carette that matches my pink Barbour x Pantone jacket perfectly and passed pretty balconies in full bloom. I met up with the super sweet Denni at Ladurée where we indulged in yummy treats, strolled through Jardin du Luxembourg and missed early evening photo sessions together with Nicole and her adorable kitty flats that we had during fashion week. During one of the warmest spring evenings so far I walked by Notre Dame and spent the evening drinking wine together with one of my best friends, took a Sunday stroll on Promenade plantée, admired all the pretty flowers in Jardin des Plantes (which I’ll share more from very soon), had afternoon tea together with the lovely Reem and sat down by the river to flick through a bunch of fashion magazines while getting some sun.
• I started this week with a morning date at the newly opened La Trésorerie together with the loveliest friends. Marissa covered it perfectly if you’re curious to see what we were up to during a Tuesday morning in Paris.
• I loved reading Jamie Beck‘s little mini study in film vs. digital photography. You learn something new every day!
• Linda Lomelino always manage to whip up the most amazing baking goods. This yummy pavlova did not disappoint. Now I’m craving sugar.
• Irene Suchocki‘s photographs always take my breath away.
Beautiful Parisian windows, the view over idyllic Île Saint-Louis, wild strawberry tart at Carette, Place des Vosges, blossoms in Jardin du Luxembourg, stumbling upon love and magic in the streets of Paris and pink Magnolia blooms. The beautiful view from Lauren’s Parisian flat, morning coffee at Coutume, a sea of pastel coloured roses, Jardin du Palais Royal and the biggest congratulations ever to my love Grace who recently became a mommy for the first time. I couldn’t be happier for you.
This and much more if you follow along through Instagram!
Photo by: SS Print Shop
The warm weather is finally back in Paris again after a very chilly week and even though we’re missing the sun at the moment I couldn’t be happier. After spending the Sunday morning walking along Promenade Plantée (which I’ll tell you more about tomorrow), eating cookies and sipping tea at Lauren’s all day yesterday and meeting other lovely ones for wine and snacks I can safely say that I’ve had a lovely weekend so far.
• I’m very excited to finally being able to announce that I’ll be collaborating with SS Print Shop this spring! Together we’ve come up with a few Paris-inspired prints using my photographs, which you’ll be able to purchase through the shop. I can’t wait to show you more since this will be the very first time that I’m selling my photographs as prints. Yay! Stay tuned to see more.
• Jamie Beck shares a list over 30 things she’s learnt before turning 30. I’m taking mental notes and highlighting number 24 (among others) with a bright pink mental marker.
• I’m always amazed by Christine‘s effortless but absolutely brilliant photographs of the city I live in. I’m lucky to have such talented friends.
• Shini made my heart ache a little bit with this post and I’m now wishing I could move into that apartment as well…
Morning coffee together with my favourite girls at Ten Belles, wandering the streets of Montmartre, a photo from when Nicole and I enjoyed a beautiful sunset by the Eiffel Tower, mango ice cream shaped like a flower, afternoon tea with Alix and Nicole, the cherry blossom trees in full bloom in front of the Eiffel Tower, sunny days being spent at cute little cafés, finding parks both in the Marais and in the 1st with beautiful blossoms. More coffee at Fondation, cute little entrances in Montmartre and my weekend breakfast. All this and much more if you follow along on Instagram!
In the midst of redesigning my website, working on a very exciting collaboration that I can’t wait to share with you all, keeping up with my normal job and having my dear friends from Sweden visiting me for a few days it’s been hard to keep you updated with beautiful and inspiring photos over here (as well as on Instagram). I do apologise for that and hope I can get back on track during the coming week. Anyhow, I’ve been enjoying the city together with some of my childhood friends who I have the pleasure of getting to show around my new city.
• You can never get too many Paris tips, right? Thanks to Garance for sharing a few of Jeanne’s favourite places in the city.
• Alix manages to make cherry blossoms under the Eiffel Tower look even more dreamy than in real life. I didn’t think that was possible.
• Food inspiration from The Beauty Department for quick bites on the go. Yum!
• And the bag that’s been on my mind lately… Should I or should I not? Hmm…
What have I been up to lately here in Paris? Well, according to my Instagram account I’ve been stumbling upon beautiful courtyards and Parisian staircases, had breakfast at Ladurée together with the sweet Shini and walked over bridges at dusk. My favourite time piece comes from Corniche and one of my favourite shows this season during PFW was by Viktor & Rolf. I seen the city in full bloom, in the rain and in beautiful sunshine while having a picnic in Parc des Buttes-Chaumont with my favourite girls. Flower shops in Paris always manage to take my breath away, “Le Mur des Je T’aime”, afternoon tea with the lovely Alix and Nicole and this amazing view over Rue Saint-Honoré while shooting the gorgeous Mandy.
Follow along on Instagram for daily updates and more photos from Paris.
My favourite way to start a Saturday morning? With warm croissants and fresh flowers, from the little flower shop downstairs, in bed. We’ve been treated to such lovely spring weather here in Paris this week and for the first time in a long time now I’m waking up to a cloudy sky, which makes me want to crawl back under the duvet. But a coffee date with some lovely friends await!
• I’ve gotten a lot of emails lately about my camera equipment, what to do and where to eat while in Paris, where to stay and how you move here so I thought it might be time for a little reminder. Click on the words and you’ll land on previous posts about these topics.
• I have the pleasure of sharing a few of my favourite neighbourhoods here in Paris on TrotterMag till week. Hop on over there to see which ones!
• Any Sex and the City fans out there? Of course there are. Enjoy 73 quick questions with Sarah Jessica Parker thanks to Vogue.com
• I couldn’t help but fall in love with these gorgeous shots that my dear friend Katie took of our darling Lauren and her little pup Daisy while we were out strolling around Montmartre that day. I have major hair (and doggie) envy.
Fashion month is (finally) over this time around and I can, after a very intense period of work, take a deep breath. So far I’ve spent the weekend drinking tea and eating cake together with Alix and Nicole, watched the sunset in front of the Eiffel Tower, had coffee with friends and enjoyed the amazing weather we’re currently treated to here in Paris. Today it’s even time for the very first picnic of the year! I couldn’t be more excited.
• I’m incredibly proud (and still in shock) to announce that one of my photographs of Nicole has been printed on a t-shirt for Zara and is now in stores for everyone to see. I still can’t believe it. Pinch me!
• Lupita won the price for best dressed at the Oscars without a doubt. Other favourites of mine were Cate, Naomi and Kate.
• I currently have a major crush on Alice‘s beautiful jewellery pieces (and manicure). Could it get any cuter?
• Here’s a little sneak peek on what Nicole and I were up to at 7am on Valentine’s Day while in New York. Can’t wait to show you the rest!