So a lot has been going on ever since I came back from Paris but these Instagram photos actually sum up a lot of the things I’ve been up to lately. I did a photo shoot for the luxury beauty brand Darphin and got to enjoy their adorable little courtyard, I strolled over Pont des Arts in between meetings, wandered around Montmartre on my day off, had breakfast at Merci, snapped this photo of my favourite Lauren and Katie (and little Daisy of course) in front of the “love wall”, shot with Nicole under these beautiful blossoms. Had breakfast together with Louis Vuitton and Nicole at Claus, was welcomed back to Paris by beautiful weather and a stunning Sacré-Cœur, started photographing my beloved Parisian doors again, enjoyed macarons and tea with Moda Operandi, passed by cute little flower shops and had my morning coffee outside (!) in a park.
Every time I go to New York I try to stock up on as many magazines as possible. On my way back home I lugged around eight heavy magazines along with a bag of M&M (I don’t know what to say, I just became obsessed with them over there) and even though my shoulder still kind of hurts it was totally worth it. This time the best cover award goes to New York Magazine, hands down. The lovely Lupita also reminds me of the fact that my favourite red carpet event of the year is happening tomorrow! Yes, I’m talking about the Oscars of course.
• If you’re in Paris and want to get a taste of the fashion madness currently going on in the city I suggest having a little look at my latest article for Condé Nast Traveler.
• The department store Printemps has gotten a temporary visit from Vogue and together they’ve created Vogue Café. Needless to say I’m already on my way, right? Thanks to Olivia Palermo for the hot tip!
• Even though I just returned from New York I feel like I’ve gotten bitten by the travel bug already… I’ve started contemplainging spring and summer travels already and these photographs by Nicole Franzen from Toscana certainly didn’t help.
It’s always fun to see something new in front of your camera lens and being in New York for such a long time was certainly a little bit refreshing! At least when it comes to getting new inspiration. Above you can see the last couple of days in the big city through my Instagram photos.
So what happened in NYC during before I hopped in the plane to Paris? Well, I got to see Central Park all covered in freshly fallen snow (which has to be one of the most beautiful things ever), I obsessed over pretty stoops, ate way to many doughnuts, picked up flowers for Valentine’s day, paid a visit to the Moda Operandi offices, wandered around in a chilly snowstorm, explored pretty locations and had afternoon tea at Bergdorf Goodman with this pretty lady, spend all day in Central Park shooting with Nicole and then had waffles for breakfast in bed.
For daily updates and more photos you can follow along on Instagram! You’ll find me under the username “ParisInFourMonths“.
I’m finally back and settled in Paris again after an absolutely wonderful time in a super chilly and stormy New York. It feels really good being back home even though I also miss New York of course. Two very different cities, but both very exciting and interesting in their own ways.
• I couldn’t be any prouder of my little sister Sara who finally launched her amazing illustration collaboration with the clothing brand Vero Moda this week. Can you believe it? She’s so incredibly talented. Visit Vero Moda for the whole story and Sara‘s own blog right here.
• Even though I’m not in London or Milan for fashion week this time (which is totally okay since I feel quite exhausted after NYC) around I almost feel like I am when following along through photos thanks to Style.com and Tommy Ton.
• If you read Swedish by any chance, you can check out my little Paris guide for Ving! A couple of my favourites in the French capital.
• I adored this (very helpful) post by my dear friend Lindsey about a few Parisian food myths that I think anyone traveling to Paris should glance at.
… And for anyone interested in some non-online reading this weekend I’m so excited to see my photos of Nicole printed in the latest issue of the Australian magazine Renegade Collective (please excuse the crappy iPhone photo).
Happy (belated) Valentine’s Day from New York! I spent the day having afternoon tea at this beautiful place together with the lovely Patricia. Without planning it we also ran into these adorable girls and made our little twosome into a triple date. Nothing better than eating tasty treats with lovely friends on a day like yesterday. Fashion week is officially over but we’re staying in the city for a little while longer to catch up on work and to shoot some more before flying off to Paris. I’ve had such a great time here and I almost don’t feel like getting on that plane anymore…
Delicious coffee at the super cute Bluebird Coffee Shop, stopping in front of almost every single stoop in West Village since they’re too pretty to just pass by, a very white Central Park and pretty jewellery pieces at the Lulu Frost presentation. A winter wonderland in the park, shooting with Nicole in front of colourful murals, having brunch at Lafayette (a new favourite in New York) and a cosy lunch at The Cleveland. An obligatory visit to Shake Schack, strolling the streets of SoHo, seeing the beautiful Bow Bridge under a blanket of snow and a snapshot from the day I took a walk in the snowstorm. See more from New York by following along through Instagram!
So here’s a couple of snapshots from my first week in New York. Yellow cabs, coffee at Happy Bones, West Village cuteness, a beautiful Central Park covered in snow, the most amazing brunch I’ve ever seen (prepared by the lovely Patricia), dusk on 5th Avenue, a snowy walk along Perry Street, evenings spent at the amazing restaurant Lafayette, cupcakes on park benches and other (Swedish) sweets from Sockerbit, doughnut and tea together with the lovely Alice and beautiful roses on every corner.
I can’t believe I’ve been here over a week already. The time is going by way too fast… If you want to know see more photos and find out what I’m up to over here, follow along through Instagram. You’ll find me under the username “ParisInFourMonths“.
Instead of sharing a couple of links with you all this weekend, I thought I’d share some of my favourite Instagram accounts that captures New York so well. My Instagram feed is usually full of these incredible NYC-shots, and wether it’s the Brooklyn Bridge or a new coffee shop – I’m sold. So here’s a few (!) of my favourite New York Instagram accounts (from top left):
_janekim, joshchang, stefankarlstrom, thetrottergirl, aguynamedpatrick, theleveewasbry, _gabrielflores, alice_gao, jacobsantiago, luciomx, nicole_franzen and jnsilva. Do you have any favourite Instagram accounts? I’d love to hear about them!
Yesterday I had one of those days you just want to forget about and today all I’ll be doing is packing, cleaning and preparing everything I need to get done before jumping on a plane to New York tomorrow. Fortunately I got a wonderful dose of chit chat, tea, scones, cookies and lovely girlfriends while in Versailles yesterday so I hope that will keep me going through this stress! Anyways, here’s a bunch of my latest Instagram photos. You’ll find me under the username “ParisInFourMonths” for more photos and daily updates.
Today I’m heading out to Versailles to drink tea and eat yummy scones with a bunch of very lovely girls. Then I need to get a million things done before I leave for New York next week. Fun but stressful pretty much sums up this weekend for me. I hope you’re all enjoying the weekend!
• Thanks to the lovely Lauren Conrad and her amazing team for listing my Instagram account as one of their top 10 favourites.
• Couture week just happened here in Paris (I know, I still can’t get over my Dior experience) and it’s always fun to flick through a ton of street style photos when they’re taken by Tommy Ton for Style.com.
• If I wasn’t going to New York I wouldn’t mind hopping on the train to London after reading Carrie‘s guide to afternoon tea in the city.
• This is exactly what I’m dreaming about right now. Warm tomato soup and yummy grilled cheese, I mean who could resist? Although Alice‘s photography always win me over so I don’t think I could be a fair judge.