The city was so calm and nice during the Easter weekend here in Paris which made early morning walks even more enjoyable, I also managed to snag some pretty macarons from Pierre Hermé during the Easter holiday – I mean who needs chocolate when you can have raspberry and pistachio macarons? The third photo is taken from The Broken Arm‘s adorable little entrance and the fourth of the cherry blossoms in Jardin des Plantes (which unfortunately are gone by now). Morning coffee during one of our work dates at Coutume, riding around and exploring Paris on the back of Braden‘s Vespa and enjoying some sun (before this rainy week began). The cheesecake at The Broken Arm is one of my favourites and I never miss an opportunity to order it. My new little love from Mansur Gavriel, gorgeous Peonies, wearing one of my favourite combos; stripes and ballet flats and last but not least, a little shot from my lunch at Clint together with Christine.
All this and much more if you follow along through Instagram.
I consider myself extremely lucky for getting to meet so many lovely people doing what I do. Kate, who I shot here in Paris the other week, is certainly one of them. We had loads of fun shooting on an early morning and decided to end our little photo session with a breakfast at Ladurée before she needed to head off in the search of the perfect wedding dress. I thought she looked too cute in her full skirt, Parisian stripes and gorgeous Louboutin heels not to share with you guys so here’s a little something from our morning together.
This weekend I’ve celebrated birthdays, had one too many cocktails and coffees, dropped by the Dries van Noten exhibition (which I strongly can recommend for anyone contemplating on going) and tried not to get caught out in the pouring rain. Except for the very schizophrenic Parisian weather I couldn’t have had a better time! That’s also why my little weekend reading list had to wait until Sunday night this time, but I hope you’ll enjoy it anyway.
• It’s always fun to coma across talented people you didn’t know about before. Sara Medina Lind, fellow Swede and incredibly talented Art Director, Graphic Designer and photographer made me fall in love with her work through Instagram. Thankfully she has a website as well.
• Right now Australia is at the top of my list of places I’m dying to visit. Although I wouldn’t mind seeing some theses breathtaking places in the near future as well. I can’t help but to see potential photo shoots everywhere.
• There’s very few people who can do no wrong in my eyes but Alice Gao is one of them. Her photographs of Milan makes me wish I was in Italy.
• I was never a fan of lemon tarts until I moved to Paris. Now I can’t imagine my life without them. And no, I’m not exaggerating. Try any of the places on Trottermag‘s list and you’ll understand why.
Pink blossoms by the Notre Dame, morning walks along the Seine and evening walks over bridges after enjoying the evening with friends. Coffee at favourite Fondation Café, delicious lunch at Kunitoraya and an afternoon spent in Jardin du Palais-Royal. Bright orange blooms for my lovely Lauren, a sunny day in Jardin du Luxembourg and taking detours to meetings to enjoy seeing the city in green colours. A delicious little treat from Pierre Hermé, a photo shoot in front of the Eiffel tower and more pretty pink by the Notre Dame. My last couple of days in Paris through Instagram photos. For more photos and daily updates, follow along here.
I hope you’re all enjoying this lovely Easter weekend. I’ve had the pleasure of celebrating this little holiday in the most untraditional way together with friends over wine, pizza, tapas, ice cream, scooter rides and more wine. Of course I managed to save some room for chocolates as well! Since I didn’t have time to put together a weekend reading list for last weekend I have even more to share this time around.
• Cake and cherry blossoms. I mean, what can I say? Two of my favourite things combined thanks to Linda Lomelino.
• These lovely photos, taken by the talented Sonya Khegay, made me wish we had more of those beautiful Wistera blossoms here in Paris.
• Congratulations to my darling friends Shini Park and Kit Lee for making this happen!
• I’m currently kind of obsessed with Cindy Chen‘s beautiful blog, and especially her photos from a rainy Venice.
• Trying to find those perfect jeans is not the easiest thing but I think I’ve fallen in love with these that Garance Doré is wearing. Perfect, no?
Lately I’ve been quite bad at keeping you guys updated over here (I know, don’t hate me) but things are going faster and quicker (which means more updates) on Instagram. So what have I been up to lately? Well, I met up with the lovely Lauren for a little juice date at our favourite La Caféothèque, ate pink raspberry macarons from Carette that matches my pink Barbour x Pantone jacket perfectly and passed pretty balconies in full bloom. I met up with the super sweet Denni at Ladurée where we indulged in yummy treats, strolled through Jardin du Luxembourg and missed early evening photo sessions together with Nicole and her adorable kitty flats that we had during fashion week. During one of the warmest spring evenings so far I walked by Notre Dame and spent the evening drinking wine together with one of my best friends, took a Sunday stroll on Promenade plantée, admired all the pretty flowers in Jardin des Plantes (which I’ll share more from very soon), had afternoon tea together with the lovely Reem and sat down by the river to flick through a bunch of fashion magazines while getting some sun.
• I started this week with a morning date at the newly opened La Trésorerie together with the loveliest friends. Marissa covered it perfectly if you’re curious to see what we were up to during a Tuesday morning in Paris.
• I loved reading Jamie Beck‘s little mini study in film vs. digital photography. You learn something new every day!
• Linda Lomelino always manage to whip up the most amazing baking goods. This yummy pavlova did not disappoint. Now I’m craving sugar.
• Irene Suchocki‘s photographs always take my breath away.
Beautiful Parisian windows, the view over idyllic Île Saint-Louis, wild strawberry tart at Carette, Place des Vosges, blossoms in Jardin du Luxembourg, stumbling upon love and magic in the streets of Paris and pink Magnolia blooms. The beautiful view from Lauren’s Parisian flat, morning coffee at Coutume, a sea of pastel coloured roses, Jardin du Palais Royal and the biggest congratulations ever to my love Grace who recently became a mommy for the first time. I couldn’t be happier for you.
This and much more if you follow along through Instagram!
Photo by: SS Print Shop
The warm weather is finally back in Paris again after a very chilly week and even though we’re missing the sun at the moment I couldn’t be happier. After spending the Sunday morning walking along Promenade Plantée (which I’ll tell you more about tomorrow), eating cookies and sipping tea at Lauren’s all day yesterday and meeting other lovely ones for wine and snacks I can safely say that I’ve had a lovely weekend so far.
• I’m very excited to finally being able to announce that I’ll be collaborating with SS Print Shop this spring! Together we’ve come up with a few Paris-inspired prints using my photographs, which you’ll be able to purchase through the shop. I can’t wait to show you more since this will be the very first time that I’m selling my photographs as prints. Yay! Stay tuned to see more.
• Jamie Beck shares a list over 30 things she’s learnt before turning 30. I’m taking mental notes and highlighting number 24 (among others) with a bright pink mental marker.
• I’m always amazed by Christine‘s effortless but absolutely brilliant photographs of the city I live in. I’m lucky to have such talented friends.
• Shini made my heart ache a little bit with this post and I’m now wishing I could move into that apartment as well…
Morning coffee together with my favourite girls at Ten Belles, wandering the streets of Montmartre, a photo from when Nicole and I enjoyed a beautiful sunset by the Eiffel Tower, mango ice cream shaped like a flower, afternoon tea with Alix and Nicole, the cherry blossom trees in full bloom in front of the Eiffel Tower, sunny days being spent at cute little cafés, finding parks both in the Marais and in the 1st with beautiful blossoms. More coffee at Fondation, cute little entrances in Montmartre and my weekend breakfast. All this and much more if you follow along on Instagram!