The beautiful view and pretty invitation to J.Crew‘s breakfast presentation (yes, they’re coming to Paris in March!), looking out from the Printemp‘s terrace and lusting over delicious treats at Café Pouchkine. Blue skies seems like a very distant memory, the most beautiful roses, a rare selfie while getting ready for my birthday celebrations and sunny autumn walks. I wish I had a fire place at home and could decorate it as pretty as they did at J.Crew, Parisian cafés, breakfast at Ladurée and looking for tasty chocolate treats at Les Marquis de Ladurée. More on Instagram!
Evening walks in black and white with new friends, colder days in Jardin des Tuileries, admiring the pretty view from Plaza Athénée and a sky painted in the most gorgeous colours on the last warm day this autumn. Vespa rides around Paris on this pretty red Vespa (thanks again my darling Annie), a few of my favourite items: trench, bag and ballet flats, beautiful architecture at Place des Vosges and autumn colours in the parks around Paris. Sweet memories at Carette with Jenny, grey weather and bare trees, getting caught photographing Jardin des Plantes and pretty Parisian rooftops I never can get enough of.
Yesterday was officially my last day as a 22-year-old and today I’m becoming another year older. I wish I could say that I didn’t mind this raging process, but I do. Just a little bit though. It’s not really about getting older, it’s more about wanting to do so many things and feeling as though time is going by way too fast. The last year has been one of the best ones in my life so far, if not the best and I can’t wait to see what my 23rd year has in store for me. I can only hope it will be as happy, fulfilling and exciting as this one.
The autumn has been absolutely amazing in Paris so far and we’ve actually managed to get a lot of sun (even though the skies seem to stay grey – don’t ask me how that works) but I already miss mornings like this one above when we were able to sit outside in nothing but shirts while enjoying our breakfast. I just had to share these two outtakes from my shoot with Monica Vinader a while back.
• The New York Times wondered what a couple of second graders would think about dining at a Michelin starred restaurant with a seven course tasting menu and decided to test it out – don’t miss the video of their experience here.
• I couldn’t help but laugh out loud (and agree) with Zanita‘s funny and witty post about how to make your blog super popular.
• Get me these strawberry cheesecake jars now, please! I can never visit Linda‘s site without getting hungry…
• Come pin with me!
Parisian cafés, breakfast at Carette, a beautiful day strolling through Jardin des Tuileries, the adorable red fiat at Merci. Thanks to Lauren for taking me to Maison Bastille for the first time, beautiful flowers in Jardin du Luxembourg, Lauren and her little pup Daisy and coffee together with apple cake from Café Kitsuné. Lunch together with Hana at Carette (yes, again), catching the beautiful morning light along the Seine, weekends reading and a gorgeous autumn day at Place des Vosges. My last couple of days here in Paris through a couple of Instagram photos.
Walking into the beautiful Dior venue was almost overwhelming because of how pretty and grand it was. I’ve barely been home during the last couple of weeks and my apartment is currently looking as though something has exploded all over my floor (fortunately it’s a pretty explosion). The beautiful finale at Haider Ackermann was filled with gorgeous blush tones, nudes and pinks and I almost had to pinch myself when I saw where I was seated for the Dior show. Jardin des Tuileries seemed so serene and magical during early morning hours, before the fashion week craziness started again. Dior was spectacular as always and having to get up early during every morning definitely seemed less challenging when I got to see the Louvre completely empty. The best packages comes in big red boxes and this beautiful gift from Carolina Herrera was no exception. I fell in love with these beautiful shoes by Alejandro Ingelmo and can’t seem to get those baby blue ones out of my mind… There was no time for long lunch breaks so cake at Angelina‘s had to do instead. Shooting backstage at Issey Miyake was so much fun and getting to see all the venues completely empty (like this one for Haider Ackermann) before showtime was just incredible. That was my Paris Fashion Week, in a couple of Instagram photos.
The last couple of days have been absolutely crazy. I’ve barely had time to sleep. Or eat. But even though they’ve been incredibly hectic, they’ve also been super exciting due to a lot of new photography assignments (like this for example) and interesting meetings, which I can’t wait to hopefully share more about very soon. Until then, here’s a few reads for this weekend!
• Looking for somewhere to sip a glass of wine or dine with a pretty view in Paris? Be sure not to miss my latest article for Condé Nast Traveler.
• Can I please move in with you, Jenny? This is just too pretty to be true.
• Anyone out there heading to London for fashion week? In that case I suggest having a look at Carrie’s guide to hidden London gems.
• Since I couldn’t go to New York fashion week this time around due to work keeping me here in Paris, I’ve been keeping up with the latest street style photos and what’s going on thanks to Style.com and everyone’s favourite Tommy Ton.
The last couple of days here in Paris has been super busy with work and I feel as though I’m running around the city like a crazy person. If you see someone out and about in a hurry, trying to catch the bus while juggling camera equipment and probably loosing a shoe on the way, it’s most likely going to be me. Even though it’s hectic right now I’m so excited for so many exciting shoot and job opportunities coming up! Here’s a little recap of what’s been going on over on Instagram lately.
I bought these beautiful hydrangeas yesterday for my mom who arrived in Paris last night to pay me a little visit. I haven’t had any family members visit since I moved into my new apartment so I can’t wait to spend the weekend together.
• Vogue Paris arrived in my mailbox this week and this editorial, shot around familiar areas in the city, caught my attention. It’s always interesting to see how other creative minds, photographers etc. sees the same corners and streets as you’re used to passing by.
• As the red carpet freak that I am I can’t leave out the Emmys, which took place a couple of days ago. My favourite dresses could be found on Julia, Sarah, Claire, Zooey, Julianne and Sarah.
• Another familiar area, that always makes for great strolls, is the beautiful Luxembourg garden, which Alice Gao captured so beautifully.
• Something I miss from home is a really good blueberry crumble. I don’t care what you say, we make the best one. Although this one, shot by talented Nicole Franzen, looks pretty tasty as well.
I haven’t done a weekend reading list in ages which means that I have so many things I’m dying to share with you… Enjoy!
• Ever wondered what a super cute Parisian apartment might look like? My dear friend Marissa has started a great new series called “At Home With” where the first apartment she featured belongs to another dear friend named Meg (who by the way have the cutest little kitten you’ll ever see).
• Who in the world has the time to spend 9 minutes on this? Well, apparently I do (and Garance Doré, which makes me feel a little bit better about it). All the brands mentioned during the series Sex and the City.
• This has to be the perfect dream destination/fashion wedding, no? The Coveteur’s photos makes me want to fly to Capri and get married. ASAP.
• Thomson decided to name me as one of the 10 Travel Bloggers To Follow On Instagram. Thank you!