What have I been up to lately here in Paris? Well, according to my Instagram account I’ve been stumbling upon beautiful courtyards and Parisian staircases, had breakfast at Ladurée together with the sweet Shini and walked over bridges at dusk. My favourite time piece comes from Corniche and one of my favourite shows this season during PFW was by Viktor & Rolf. I seen the city in full bloom, in the rain and in beautiful sunshine while having a picnic in Parc des Buttes-Chaumont with my favourite girls. Flower shops in Paris always manage to take my breath away, “Le Mur des Je T’aime”, afternoon tea with the lovely Alix and Nicole and this amazing view over Rue Saint-Honoré while shooting the gorgeous Mandy.
Follow along on Instagram for daily updates and more photos from Paris.
My favourite way to start a Saturday morning? With warm croissants and fresh flowers, from the little flower shop downstairs, in bed. We’ve been treated to such lovely spring weather here in Paris this week and for the first time in a long time now I’m waking up to a cloudy sky, which makes me want to crawl back under the duvet. But a coffee date with some lovely friends await!
• I’ve gotten a lot of emails lately about my camera equipment, what to do and where to eat while in Paris, where to stay and how you move here so I thought it might be time for a little reminder. Click on the words and you’ll land on previous posts about these topics.
• I have the pleasure of sharing a few of my favourite neighbourhoods here in Paris on TrotterMag till week. Hop on over there to see which ones!
• Any Sex and the City fans out there? Of course there are. Enjoy 73 quick questions with Sarah Jessica Parker thanks to Vogue.com
• I couldn’t help but fall in love with these gorgeous shots that my dear friend Katie took of our darling Lauren and her little pup Daisy while we were out strolling around Montmartre that day. I have major hair (and doggie) envy.
What did Nicole and I do at 7am in the morning on Valentine’s day in New York you ask? We crawled out of bed incredibly early to catch a cab (while still being half asleep) to the beautiful Central Park, all covered in freshly fallen snow. We wanted to come early to avoid the overabundance of people and to be able to shoot this beautiful Carolina Herrera skirt in the middle of the park, which looked more like something out of a movie. I’m rarely impressed by snow (it could very well have something to do with the fact that I’m from Sweden…) but this time I actually have to admit that I absolutely loved it. So beautiful, so serene, so perfect. This is a little outtake from our shoot that morning that we wanted to share, it was just too cute of a moment not to! I can’t wait to show you all of the photos.
In the taxi on our way home after shooting under the Eiffel Tower an afternoon this weekend I turned to Nicole and said “Do you ever have those moments when you almost have a hard time breathing just because you’re so overwhelmed with happiness?“. That’s how I feel when I walk home during the evenings in Paris. It sounds both cheese and kind of silly – and I’m fully aware of this, but it’s also exactly how I feel. When I walk home over the bridges that crosses the Seine, when I have to pass the beautiful Notre Dame or when I see the light show put on the by the Eiffel Tower reflected in the water, the hair on the back of my neck stand up and I become so overfilled with happiness that I’ve actually started to smile (and yes, even giggle) all in my lonesome. I certainly don’t blame Paris for all of it – amazing friends, my dream job and many other things are of course all reasons to why this bubble of happiness exists but the fact that I get to spend my days in Paris certainly help. Sometimes I just feel so ridiculously happy to be where I am right now. And that’s a pretty amazing feeling to have.
After hearing both Marissa and Katie gushing about the new Coutume Instituutti, located inside the Finish Institue in the 5th arrondissement, I knew I had to swing by for a cup of coffee to see what all the fuss was about. When I met up with my friend Sophia this weekend at our local coffee place, only to find it completely stuffed with people and without a single table available, she decided to take me here instead. Something that I’m now very happy about since this very likely could be a new favourite place in Paris for me. Cosy location, amazing light, delicious coffee and space (something that is extremely rare when it comes to Parisian coffee shops) – this place has it all.
Fashion month is (finally) over this time around and I can, after a very intense period of work, take a deep breath. So far I’ve spent the weekend drinking tea and eating cake together with Alix and Nicole, watched the sunset in front of the Eiffel Tower, had coffee with friends and enjoyed the amazing weather we’re currently treated to here in Paris. Today it’s even time for the very first picnic of the year! I couldn’t be more excited.
• I’m incredibly proud (and still in shock) to announce that one of my photographs of Nicole has been printed on a t-shirt for Zara and is now in stores for everyone to see. I still can’t believe it. Pinch me!
• Lupita won the price for best dressed at the Oscars without a doubt. Other favourites of mine were Cate, Naomi and Kate.
• I currently have a major crush on Alice‘s beautiful jewellery pieces (and manicure). Could it get any cuter?
• Here’s a little sneak peek on what Nicole and I were up to at 7am on Valentine’s Day while in New York. Can’t wait to show you the rest!
So a lot has been going on ever since I came back from Paris but these Instagram photos actually sum up a lot of the things I’ve been up to lately. I did a photo shoot for the luxury beauty brand Darphin and got to enjoy their adorable little courtyard, I strolled over Pont des Arts in between meetings, wandered around Montmartre on my day off, had breakfast at Merci, snapped this photo of my favourite Lauren and Katie (and little Daisy of course) in front of the “love wall”, shot with Nicole under these beautiful blossoms. Had breakfast together with Louis Vuitton and Nicole at Claus, was welcomed back to Paris by beautiful weather and a stunning Sacré-Cœur, started photographing my beloved Parisian doors again, enjoyed macarons and tea with Moda Operandi, passed by cute little flower shops and had my morning coffee outside (!) in a park.
A highlight during this hectic fashion week in Paris was definitely getting the chance to take a look around the beautiful Mary Katrantzou showroom together with Nicole and Tina. Without lying I can easily say that all of our jaws dropped to the floor as soon as we entered this space full of fashion goodies. We were suddenly transformed into three kids running around her showroom like children in a candy store. But could you blame us? Look at these amazing pieces. If you know anything about me by now, it must be that my heart skips a beat every time I see the perfect combination of pretty pastels – so it’s not that hard to imagine how I felt when I saw all of these baby blues and lovely pinks surrounding me. I absolutely loved shooting Nicole in Mary Katrantzou while in Florence earlier this year and I can only fantasise about how incredible it would be to get our hands on these wonderful pieces for a shoot in the future… A girl can always dream, right?
This fall I had the pleasure of shooting a story here in Paris for Bon Appétit Magazine focusing on food and drink in the (right now, very popular) 10th arrondissement. At the time, little did I know that the writer behind this amazing food guide was my good friend Lindsey. Funny how things work out sometimes, no? Even though it was quite challenging work I truly enjoyed shooting these photos which even made me discover new (favourite) restaurants along the way. Be sure to pick up a copy of the magazine if you have the chance or take a look at the preview of the article here!
Every time I go to New York I try to stock up on as many magazines as possible. On my way back home I lugged around eight heavy magazines along with a bag of M&M (I don’t know what to say, I just became obsessed with them over there) and even though my shoulder still kind of hurts it was totally worth it. This time the best cover award goes to New York Magazine, hands down. The lovely Lupita also reminds me of the fact that my favourite red carpet event of the year is happening tomorrow! Yes, I’m talking about the Oscars of course.
• If you’re in Paris and want to get a taste of the fashion madness currently going on in the city I suggest having a little look at my latest article for Condé Nast Traveler.
• The department store Printemps has gotten a temporary visit from Vogue and together they’ve created Vogue Café. Needless to say I’m already on my way, right? Thanks to Olivia Palermo for the hot tip!
• Even though I just returned from New York I feel like I’ve gotten bitten by the travel bug already… I’ve started contemplainging spring and summer travels already and these photographs by Nicole Franzen from Toscana certainly didn’t help.