The 7th arrondissement must be one of the most famous arrondissements in all of Paris. It’s the home to the Eiffel Tower, the Invalides and the beautiful Musée Rodin for example (and let’s not forget about a few of my favourite restaurants). I love this neighbourhood because of all the gorgeous buildings (some will seriously make your jaw drop), the small Parisian streets and the cosy feeling I get from strolling around here. A big part of this arrondissement can feel very residential but if you end up on streets like Rue Saint Dominique, Rue Grenelle or Rue Cler it’s just perfect. I love walking from Champ de Mars all the way to Le Bon Marché and continue into the 6th arrondissement. It’s a lovely walk and I can never put down my camera for more than three seconds because of all the lovely things I pass along the way!
I hope that you all are having a wonderful weekend so far! Here are my tips for some reading/surfing if you want to cosy up in front of the computer during a couple of minutes (or hours — that’s up to you) this weekend. Enjoy!
• I’ve found a new favourite blog that I can’t keep my eyes off (thanks to my lovely Grace). Christine tells the story about two of my favourite cities on earth; Paris and New York, and her photos make my knees week. So pretty!
• Speaking of New York… I would like to book a ticket tomorrow just to be able to take a few photos inside the New York Public Library just like Danielle from the blog Pasadya. What a gorgeous space.
• If you wonder about what I prefer to do during warm spring evenings here in Paris, you should check out Diane’s post right here.
• As I said last weekend, I’ve never really fallen in love with London as a city but these photos from the blog Hjertesmil (and the ones from last week) makes me want to rethink it all… Perhaps London is something for me? London always looks so gorgeous through her lens!
• So far I haven’t found that many beauty products I can’t live without here in Paris but Garance has, so let’s take a look at her list instead!
• A list that always excites me is The Worlds’ 50 Best Restaurants! I looove scrolling through the list to find restaurants I’m dreaming about visiting, places I’ve already eaten at and restaurants that I don’t understand how they made it up there among the others… On this years’ top 50 list I can at least check off five restaurants I’ve already eaten at. Only 45 more to go, haha!
• Last weekend I also told you that I love little “behind the scenes” peeks and this post by Jamie Beck did not disappoint. Just imagine getting the chance to be a part of a team like that!
Nothing makes you feel a little bit better than pretty pink flowers. Have a wonderful weekend everybody!
Where did the time go? The month of May is already here and bunch of new and exciting things are just around the corner!
(Please excuse the lack of updates, replies to e-mails and comments over the last couple of days. I’ve been under the weather during the last week but hopefully I’ll be back on my feet, and behind the camera, very soon again)
Sometime during last week, or the week before that, I made my way to Jardin des Plantes on a very sunny day. I figured that you never know when the sun will come back to Paris again so I wore a dress, and judging by the weather that’s been going on the last couple of days I made the right choice. If only the weather could be a little bit better in this city… Or more stable at least. Anyways, the gardens of Jardin des Plantes were in full bloom and absolutely stunning! I think spring has to be my favourite season. How can it not be when the city looks like this? Well, perhaps you can say that a spring with good weather is my favourite season.
If you’re in Paris, hurry up so you don’t miss out on these gorgeous and blossoming trees! I’m in love.
Let’s start this week off with some beautiful roses. Have a great Monday everybody!
• I don’t consider myself to be photogenic at all and that’s why Garance’s tips will be put to use from now on!
• Of course the photos from Jamie Beck’s trip out to Palm Spring makes the cut for my weekend reading post. I adore seeing all the behind the scenes photos to then finally being able to see the final result as well!
• As I told you before, I adore Olivia and her gorgeous gems. Now Diane is doing a giveaway which makes it possible for you to win a piece from her collection. Bonne chance to you all!
• I’ve never been a big London fan (perhaps because I haven’t been for such a long time…) but these photos, from the blog Park & Cube, made me want to book a ticket to the city right away. I should really go soon! Especially since it’s so close by…
• If there’s something I adore sometimes (well, probably most of the time) it’s simplicity. And some people do it so well! Like Alice for example.
• The New York Times lists the 9 best walks in all of Europe. I’ve been telling myself to go to the “Paris Promenade” for such a long time, but I guess I really have to put that on top of my list now.
• Last week I told you about a site that featured paintings of New York windows, this weeks it’s a site that does New York buildings.