A lot has happened since my last post, therefore the radio silence. I’m currently in Bali on vacation and I have so much to share with you all in the next couple of days. I arrived here, together with my sister, earlier this week (if you’ve been following along on Instagram you’ll know what I’m talking about) and I already love it to bits. But before we move on to Bali, here are some early weekend reading.
• If I was home in Paris during this time of the year, I’d probably be writing little Holiday cards to family and friends right about now. The ones that you can see here in the photo were given to me for my birthday and they’re just the cutest. So is this one that I found through Garance Doré.
• Taking (Bali) notes from one of the most well travelled girls I know, Jessica Stein. I wish we could stay forever since there’s so many things I’d like to experience before we head on to our next destination!
• To find more of my Parisian tips and suggestions, head on over to Condé Nast Traveler.
• As the year comes to and end, Vogue.com lists the 9 best red carpet moments during 2014 (and anyone who knows me, knows that I’m a huge red carpet fan). Emma Stone is by far my favourite!
Bag: Gucci Bamboo Backpack – Jacket: Red Valentino – Scarf: Sézane – Ballet flats: Josefinas
Sometimes I’m lucky enough to be able to incorporate everything I love (well, pretty much) into one shoot. In this case those things would be: Paris, pastel colours, Gucci and pretty flowers. Not bad, huh? And yeah, I can’t forget about that adorable Fiat 500 either! … But I couldn’t do much else when Gucci asked me to create a shoot around this lovely mint green coloured bag. Actually, backpack would be the accurate word for this beauty. I’ve never been a backpack kind of girl until I realised that it’s the perfect way to carry my camera equipment and still being able to move around quite freely while still looking chic (I mean, it’s a Gucci backpack after all). It also serves as a great (and super cute) way to carry home flowers that I bought from the florist. I’m pretty sure this wasn’t the intention of the bag though but the combination was too picture perfect to ignore.
Photos of me: Katie Mitchell (edited by me).
Breakfast meetings at Hotel Amour, pretty Parisian doors and a bunch of roses in front of the Eiffel Tower from when I shot earlier this year with Nicole. The beautiful staircase at the Elie Saab head office here in Paris, cosy cashmere sweaters, delicate lace and favourite rings, homemade macarons in pretty pink shades and the perfect breakfast at Carette. Birthday cards and delicious Sunday treats, a rainy and grey Paris, the bookstands along the Seine and a few of my favourite things right now, including a new lace bra, my favourite perfume and these gorgeous flats. Find more photos on my Instagram.
Undeniably cute, both inside and out. A place I more than happily return to over and over again.
Everyone who knows me, knows that I hate winter. No, that’s not right. I despise winter (that’s the best word I can think of to describe my feelings about this season). Weird since I’m from Sweden you think? Perhaps, but I think it’s because I’ve experienced enough cold and dark winters in my life and now I’m absolutely over it. But – and this is a big but for me – I can actually kind of see the thing with snow when looking through these photos that Nicole and I took while in New York in February. Even though our fingers and feet literally lost all feeling during this morning, it was kind of worth it. After we shot this story we couldn’t help but to play around in the snow like two five year olds before jumping in a cab and heading back home to defrost.
I’ve probably never taken these bracelets off since I first wore them while shooting a story for Monica Vinader this summer (and anyone who knows me would most
likely definitely agree). They’re with me almost every day and have become my go-to jewellery pieces that I almost feel naked leaving the house without. I have slight a feeling that this necklace will end up with the same fate (as well as these marble plates and cups that I found at H&M Home)… It’s safe to say that I’m currently going through a marble/gold obsession phase that I’m not intending on ending anytime soon, and the fact that I managed to find jewellery pieces that has both is just… Well, maybe it’s the universe’s way to tell me that I shouldn’t. The plates are most likely meant for serving bread, cheese and little nibbles but in my apartment they’ll be used as display plates (is that even a word?) for my favourite trinkets and jewellery pieces.
I’m also thinking about doing all my gift shopping for Christmas in the form of jewellery this season (sorry about that dad) since you can engrave a little something if you’d like and since I can’t stand the crowds at Printemps before the holidays. I engraved the top one in these photos with “Paris” (in case I would ever forget where I live) and another one with my family member’s names. Cheesy? Yes, very but ever since I moved further away from them I think I’m allowed a bit of cheesiness every now and then.
I’m currently dreaming away to warmer days and pretty sunlight (while writing this bundled up in a bathrobe, two sweaters and a blanket), like this day when Nicole and I shot another pretty outfit right after the Valentino show during Paris Fashion Week. Dresses and warm afternoons seems like such a distant memory right now.
Since I spent last week in Stockholm there’s a lot of things to catch up on now that I’m back in Paris. One of them being location scouting for a very exciting photo shoot later this week – something I rarely have the time for. While walking to the charming 4th arrondissement I realised that there’s almost no leaves left on the trees and the whole city is now dressed in white and grey tones. Fall is suddenly gone and winter, along with chilly temperatures and a ton of Christmas decorations, have arrived in Paris. I can’t wait to share the results from this shoot with you all early next year. Wish me luck!
I’ve actually spent this week visiting family and friends Stockholm and left both camera and work back home in Paris to get a little break from it all. I had forgotten how cold it was over here and how early the sun goes down but it’s been so much fun seeing all my loved ones again. Now I’m back in Paris again and ready for a new, very busy week of exciting projects and work.
• My two latest articles for Condé Nast Traveler are both live at the moment. The first one about the cutest covered passages in Paris and the second one about where to get a healthier meal while in Paris!
• I’ve only been to the cinema twice in Paris but I’m dying to go and see both Interstellar and The Imitation Game! It seems like a good idea now that the days are getting colder and darker…
• For anyone who speaks Swedish (or wants to practice their Swedish) Femina, one of the biggest fashion magazines in Sweden, recently interviewed me about Paris in Four Months, Parisian style and my favourite places in the city, which you can find right here.
• The cutest little family portrait session I’ve ever seen goes to my darling Grace and her little family, shot by the brilliant Katie.
The beautiful view and pretty invitation to J.Crew‘s breakfast presentation (yes, they’re coming to Paris in March!), looking out from the Printemp‘s terrace and lusting over delicious treats at Café Pouchkine. Blue skies seems like a very distant memory, the most beautiful roses, a rare selfie while getting ready for my birthday celebrations and sunny autumn walks. I wish I had a fire place at home and could decorate it as pretty as they did at J.Crew, Parisian cafés, breakfast at Ladurée and looking for tasty chocolate treats at Les Marquis de Ladurée. More on Instagram!